Hi! ALL!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norton&Mcafee

Reaction score
First of all Big HI! to everyone looks like a great group. :cool:

I have a french albino lop named Norton and Today I rescued a littlefemale (who I named Mcafee) from my brothers work.She was left on the doorstep in a box. :? She is very sweetand seems to be healthy if not a little over weight which she may bepregnant. I'm new to the female bunny so anything anybody can tell meto look for would be greatly appreciated. She is smaller thanNorton but I don't think she is a mini I will post pics as soon as Ican so you can than help me with what kind of bunny she is.

thanks again

Lyn

I don't know how to help you, but one of the "resident experts" will be able to. :)

I just had to say that I love the names, they are so unique and quite cute.

Imagine that Lyn,

Rabbits named after Virus Scans. You are not planning to house theserabbits in the same cage are you? Say NO of course not. If the Doe ispregnant, which you really have no way of knowing for sure. She willneed a Nestbox on the 28th day after breeding. In this case I wouldplace her in a cage with a nestbox be certain that you do not place itin her potty corner. Or she will use it as a litter-box. Check thenestbox daily to be certain it is not fouled. [used as a toilet] if itwas you must clean it and replace the hay etc. putting the box awayfrom the potty corner. The Doe will most likely go of feed a day or twobefrore kindling [giving birth]. Make sure the Doe always has access tofresh drinkable water and feed. Keep the forum informed of theprogress. Best of luck.

Dennis,C.V.R.

Welcome to the board, Lyn,

How sweet of you to have rescued the little girl!

Sometimes you can feel their bellies and if it feels like marblesinside, she's expecting. You can't always go by that becausesome are harder to decipher than others, but it's a start!

Congratulations on your baby girl. :)

-Carolyn

Good Mornin all!

Well 1 night over with the new girl. I didn't have time to get her a cage lastnight

so the safest and smallest room in my house is the bathroom. I put her litterbox,

food and water in with her. When I got up a few minutes agoand checked on her she had kicked the bedding outof the boxand pee'd & pooped on the floor and only 1 time each allnight? So I guess she isn't used to a litterbox!?

She has made herself at home on the corner of my couch! Huh!

Norton is sleeping in the lazy boy! I wish!

Have a good day all!

Lyn

What a little sweetie, Lyn.

It may take her a little time to get used to the litterbox, but they usually catch on sooner rather than later.

They certainly have taken over the house. What lucky little bunnies.

You might enjoy checking out the following website as to how they'communicate' with us or what their body language means. It'sthe best site on the subject that I've found.http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk.html

Thanks for the update.

:)

-Carolyn

Welcome,Lyn! :D Love your little ones' names!!!Very unique andcreative.

I can't help you specifically with thisparticular problem, but sounds like you're off to a greatstart! Carolyn has given you some excellent advice that Ithink will help you well on your way.

We look forward to"chatting" with you and sharing bunny secrets.

BunnyMommy wrote:
P.S. Bless you forrescuing McAfee and giving her a good home!:dude:
I second BunnyMommy. Sorry, lol, I always seem to forget to type atleast one thing in a post :?and it was what BunnyMommy wrote,lol. You're great for rescuing a bunny. :)

For the most part Norton seems finewith her. Their first meetingwas just in passingand they nosed each other a bit and shehopped off.he didn't follow he came back to sit beside me. It almostseemed like she was to busy for him.lol. She seems so busycheckin out her new home that she doesn't have time for himyet. I am begining to think thats she isn't pregnant just fatbut I gave her a nesting box and set her up just incase. Shehas caught on to the littler box for the most part I just keep puttingher booboo's in the box and she seems to know what to do now!I feed Norton adiet of alfalfa pellets, timothyhay,veggies and fruit. I have been giving her thesame dietbut she doesn't eat any pellets or fruit.She eats only hay and I have seen her eating the aspen bedding I usefor them. I hope she will adjust alright to thisdietbecause I have know way of knowing what she is usedto. I did notice that her poops were very hard and small thefirst night she was here but today they seem normal.

anyway thats my update

have a good weekend all :)

Lyn

Back