Hi all, quick question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlopsnWills

Reaction score
Wow, it sure has been a long time since I've posted. I had kind of a traumatic day at the vet today. My boys Charlie and William were there for three whole hours!

Charlie had his visit because of urine sludge and tapeworm. They both had fleas this past summer and I wanted to make sure we got rid of tapeworm all the way. His sludge is pretty bad, and the vet and I were pretty confused because they're both on Oxbow timothy hay and pellets, and she doesn't know what caused his sludge. It's pretty bad and he's going to be on baytril for 10 days and come back for another visit.

William was there for tapeworm and eye discharge. The poor little guy lost weight from the tapeworm and he's also on baytril for the discharge and on critical care to gain some of his weight back.

Talk about traumatic!! They're both very glad to be home, and they're acting like it never happened. William also got his scent glands squeezed and Charlie got his butt shaved. :( I hope they don't hate me.

Anyway, the point of my post is this: William has been on a wire bottom for quite some time now, probably about 3 years (he's already 5!) He has a bed and a small litter box to get off of the wire when he wants to, but I've been looking everywhere for that plastic top you can put over wire bottomed cages, to help their feet. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? They're plastic grates that are made for rabbit cages and I can't find them online. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and where I could possibly find one? His cage is 30"x18" just incase anyone wants to help me find one.

Even though I don't post anymore, I'm still a lurker and Charlie and Willy say hi!

Is this what you are talking about?

moz-screenshot-3.jpg
9412_1.JPG

Ok, cool! It's at Tractor Supply, I'm pretty sure you can buy them online. It's listed as Relax Resting Board (SKU Number: 2179350). I've also seen them on Ebay you can try typing in "bunny resting board" and see what comes up.

--Erika :bunny24

thanks so much!! do you know how large the one on tractor supply's website is? i'm wondering if i should buy more than one.

Your welcome, I'm glad I could help. Tractor Supply's website doesn't say. But we have a bunch of them at the rescue and they are 14 1/4 x 10 inches.

--Erika :bunny24

Latest posts

Back