Hi all!!!! new here...Jacks story...page 1

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erica

Reaction score
hi everyone. My hubby bought us a rabbit lastaugust. we made a temporary cage out of an old 50 gallon aquarium, putsome pellets in, some timothy hay, and water in a dish since the bottleof course cant hang on glass.

he was not very friendly at first. Wouldnt let us hold him, touch him,pick him up, chasing him down took 30 minutes. hed take all the skinoff your arm while getting him back in that cage his back feet wouldclaw you to death.

That all changed after having him for 4 months, when my songave him a lick of vanilla flavored candy cane. as soon as he got ataste of the good life...well lets just say that nowhes "spoiled rotten".

meanwhile....I noticed that hes got a bit of a crusty drippyleft eye issue. Not to mention how nasty he gets too be, with his whitefur. he can get kinda gross looking.. and the eye thing just didnt domuch for his handsomness. he had to have a bath. I put some warm waterin the tub...no soap cause i was afraid of it getting in his eyes, just2 inches of water and a little splash down.... then a goodrub down with a fluffy warm towell, and a wet wascloth to the face. hedidnt seem to mind. The eye and his fur looked GREAT.

For about a week. then the left eye again.so again the hotwashcloth. he seemed to rather enjoy it, he almost seemed to press hisface into the cloth, you know?? Wed rub him clean, someitmes the furwould stay kinda hard, but the seeping would wipe away. Im thinkingtheres gotta be a reason for the drainage. he seemd healthy.Eating pooping, drinking, playing, all seemed ok, except forthat left eye.

Now remember, Im not even thinking to look on the internet at thispoint, i dont know why, maybe a blond moment, but anyway, it comes tome one day. maybe its that water. In the bowl. so on to job One. newhabitat.

We made him a cage out of a base kitchen cabinet, built a wire door forit and presto. new cage, complete with water bottle. eye cleared upgood this time. For about a month. then it came back. so we continuewith the cleaning of the face.

to be continued...........

Hmm....interesting story. I'm sorry Idon't know the answer to your problem, but you sound like you have avery nice bunny on your hands. Welcome to the board.

-Carrie (Emmit and Amelia's mommy)

Latest posts

Back