Hey there! - New Member

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savannahwilde

Bunny Mummy
Reaction score
hi, I'm Savannah! I'm new to having a house bunny but super excited! I have decided to stop lurking and to actually say hello!

I have a Flemish Giant x Californian, she is 8 weeks old and named Maisy-Lola. I've only had her 5 days but so far we already have a close and loving bond.

I'm excited to get to know some of you and your gorgeous buns! xxx

Welcome,

I hope you don't get tired of your rabbit and neglect him or throw him out into the street....

Why on earth would I do that? She's a sweet tempered angel who has already left paw prints on my heart, even if she wasn't so sweet tempered, I don't think I would feel any differently.

I have chosen a rabbit as my companion after careful consideration and preparation. Thank you for your welcome.

I haven't even got my bunny yet! Super jealous..
(I believe I'm more new than you..) But welcome! (;

Welcome,

I hope you don't get tired of your rabbit and neglect him or throw him out into the street....

What? Oh my goodness what a how do you do! :spintongue

Actually, the original owners of Brooke did that to her, threw her out in the street from a car.. however, I think by virtue of the fact we are all on the board here means we actually give a darn about rabbits and will do our best to take care of them.. at least that is my attitude for my rabbits and my other pets.

Hell, as it is now I spend more time with the buns than I do my husband, but then again, the bunnies don't have computers yet and haven't signed up for
accounts on Facebook. (But you can find tons of pictures of Brooke at BunFest 2013 in Ohio on Facebook!) And if our rabbits *did* sign up for Facebook accounts, oh my goodness... I could see the messages from mine:
get rid of that big godzilla rabbit in the living room that eats all the food. Signed your favorate rabbit!

I think we all come here looking for good information on how to take care of our buns and if there comes a time we cannot and feel like we are neglecting them, we will at least try to get them into a new good home with individuals that can...:bunnysuit:

Vanessa

Why on earth would I do that? She's a sweet tempered angel who has already left paw prints on my heart, even if she wasn't so sweet tempered, I don't think I would feel any differently.

I have chosen a rabbit as my companion after careful consideration and preparation. Thank you for your welcome.

And while your at it, remember not to leave your kids in the car with the windows up when it's hot outside! HE HE HE.. ok enough with taking the piss here..

Welcome once again to the board and I for one am waiting with baited breath to see the photos of your little baby and looking forward to hearing about the great times you two will have now and in the future!

I think people are going to get sick and tired of hearing about my babies, but since you aren't yet, I'll give you the readers digest of my 4 bunnies. My original 2 bunnies are Chico and Chica and are brother and sister from the same litter. I had their mother who was pregnant when we got her which we didn't know, and when they were 4 days old, she died and 2 of the other kits did as well. We hand raised them and they are now 1 year and 9 months.
They are dwarf Agoutis/ brown bunnies.

I rescued 2 from another state, Brooke a large bun that I have no idea what breed she is and the family threw her out of a car in the middle of a street.
Animal control picked her up and she was going to be put down. I decided to take her the day they were going to put her down to save her. Along with her was a super friendly (NOT) Broken Holland Lop named Lady. I have been working on her and she is coming around. In fact, this morning she circled around me and flopped beside me so I could pet her! WOW.. I was amazed. I think she was extremely neglected and just left in her cage and no one paid any attention to her.

I'll attach pics here.

Once again welcome and I can't wait to see a flood of pictures from you in the future!

Vanessa

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

And while your at it, remember not to leave your kids in the car with the windows up when it's hot outside! HE HE HE.. ok enough with taking the piss here..

Welcome once again to the board and I for one am waiting with baited breath to see the photos of your little baby and looking forward to hearing about the great times you two will have now and in the future!

I think people are going to get sick and tired of hearing about my babies, but since you aren't yet, I'll give you the readers digest of my 4 bunnies. My original 2 bunnies are Chico and Chica and are brother and sister from the same litter. I had their mother who was pregnant when we got her which we didn't know, and when they were 4 days old, she died and 2 of the other kits did as well. We hand raised them and they are now 1 year and 9 months.
They are dwarf Agoutis/ brown bunnies.

I rescued 2 from another state, Brooke a large bun that I have no idea what breed she is and the family threw her out of a car in the middle of a street.
Animal control picked her up and she was going to be put down. I decided to take her the day they were going to put her down to save her. Along with her was a super friendly (NOT) Broken Holland Lop named Lady. I have been working on her and she is coming around. In fact, this morning she circled around me and flopped beside me so I could pet her! WOW.. I was amazed. I think she was extremely neglected and just left in her cage and no one paid any attention to her.

I'll attach pics here.

Once again welcome and I can't wait to see a flood of pictures from you in the future!

Vanessa

HAHA! Thank you for your welcome! Your babies are all so precious!

I'm glad to hear they are all doing well and that Lady is warming up. :) I'm also looking forward to reading about your buns and their adventures!

Thanks Savannah,

I'm glad to hear you liked the pics and I think they are precious also! Chico got mad tonight when I was putting him away from excercising but tough. He was out of his cage for close to 9 hours!!!

Even now as we are getting ready for bed and I've gotten all the bunnies and dogs situated for beddy bye, I gave Lady a shoe box full of hay to much on tonight and she turned the entire box upside down on the carpet and started eating it from the floor. I guess the floor has a certain, I don't know.. maybe a certain je ne sais quoi quality she loves over the box! All in all I think she will come around. I don't know what the family did that had her before, but dumping a barely 8 month old Holland Lop and telling the pound "oh if you can't get a home for her, just put her down" kinda gives me some insight...
sigh... (idiots!)..

Anyway, if you feel up to it you can start a blog about your new baby so all of us can follow! Either way I'm looking forward to learning more about her and you!

TTFN
Vanessa

Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope you have a thick skin and just ignore the negative--George Carlin said it best--"God must love stupid people because he made so **** many!" Just love the Chin coloring and she's gonna be big, so she'll grow for some extra time--takes the large breeds a year to get to full growth. Our Checkered Giant was almost 20 pounds. We were told she was full grown when we got her from the shelter at 7 pounds, but man o man she sure wasn't. Put her on a diet so she is only 16 pounds now and not quite such a blob.

Okay... My welcome sounded harsh... I guess I get a bit worried when I see teenagers and children getting pets that really do require a lot of attention and care. Rabbits are by far more delicate and challenging than any species of animal I have had the privilege of caring for. They even rival parrots. I suppose because they don't carry the $3,000 price tag of a new parrot folks consider them dispensable. Savannah, if you are up to the challenge and are ready for a lifetime commitment to a delicate, precious, sentient being, I welcome you with open arms.

Sage's mom

"God must love stupid people because he made so **** many of them!"

LOl! Present company excluded, of course...

Hi & :welcome1 Savannah & Maisy!
Glad to have you both here! Maisy is a lovely young lady bun! RO is a great place to come to learn & talk bunny! This is my online bunny home! Members try to be friendly & helpful.

Speaking of help, I still consider myself a new bunny mom as my 2 Jersey wooly girls are my first buns. When I returned home from the hospital I soon noticed my little Hope not acting quite her usual self. So I came here since it was evening & no vet available. I was worried sick but members here eventually saw my post & were very helpful! Hope had to stay overnight at the vet which worried me (as overnight vet stays have not bode well with our family). She made it & the vet sent us home. Thanks to some very special members here I got online help & comfort as I cared for Hope. Even had one member (hours away!) to offer to come to help me as I was still recovering from my own hospital stay. It meant so much to me! I've also learned allot as a first time bunny mom from our wonderful RO members. I hope you will feel at home here & enjoy learning from wonderful, knowledgeable bunny people! Hope you & Maisy will have many happy, healthy years together!

Hello and welcome to RO! Your bun is adorable and sounds like a real sweetheart :) We are happy to have you here and hope to hear more about you and your new bunny.

And a reminder for everyone. Introductions is a place for new members to introduce themselves and their buns, and for other members to welcome them. Please watch the tone of your posts and keep them respectful. For those that need a brush up on forum policy, here is the link.
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f39/rabbitsonline-forum-policy-decorum-10320/

I believe that reminding children of commitment, expense, and responsibility of keeping rabbits is invaluable. Sorry to have offended anyone. Clearly this is not the forum for me.

Latest posts

Back