hey there, i am new to the forum

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd131

Reaction score
hi! my name is todd and i live about 3 miles outside of philadelphia proper. i am new to rabbits however, my mother raised them for research at the mayo clinic on my grandfathers farm in MN when she was younger with her brothers and sisters.

i have a degree in microbiology and for the last 10 years i have sold diagnostic equipment into the hospital laboratories. although currently i am unemployed looking for work.

i recently purchased 3 new zealand x american chinchilla does and 1 new zealand buck. the does are sisters and the buck istotally unrelated. i have only had them for a couple days. currently they are housed together in a dog kennel. this weekend and next week i will be building hutches for the bunnies. they are very sweet and i cant wait to provide them with a suitable happy environment for them to grow.

i took some pictures however, after reading the 'how to' section (thanks dawn for the link)i cant find the 'browse' button to upload the photos to show all of you. hopefully i will figure it out soon.

i have been on this site for around 3 days and i have to say you are a bunch of nice folks. thank you for all of the help. when you get me up to speed i promise to give back to the forum. :)

thank you for the space and the kindness.

todd

462-1.jpg

454-1.jpg

465.jpg

463.jpg

461.jpg

mistyjr wrote:
They are really HUGE for being only 8 weeks old! I wouldnt be putting him in there with the girls!

the girls are b/t 3.5 and 4.2 lbs and the male is only 2.8lbs

the size is the mix with the american chinchilla! so much bigger than the NZ and faster growers. he is only 4 days younger than the girls are. the temperment on the am chins is much more mellow too.

the breeder said it was ok for a week. she said he wont be fertile until at least 12 weeks. they are getting along just fine, right now. i suppose i will have to set up another kennel tonight then.

they wont all be together for more than a week. i have a lot of work to do. :)

i have decided on wire floor cages for sure. this walking in their pee stuff is disguisting.

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Your bunny's are beautiful.

If you have a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Dave

Latest posts

Back