Hey! I'm new plus Questions...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahLovesMusic1996

Reaction score
Hello! I am getting a new bunny named Chloe! I am so excited!
I wanted to find out what breed of lop she is could you tell me?
164582_10150364797835063_781595062_16294383_3658110_n.jpg

Thanks,
Sarah:biggrin2:

[align=center]She looks like a mini-lop to me.. =] Cause, I think holland lops have flatter faces... =]

but i'm not entirely sure =]
good luck in finding out what kind she is =]
more people will come along!

SarahLovesMusic1996 wrote:
Thanks! I am so excited to get her! :)

[align=center]You're welcome!
She's a cutie :hearts
Where are you getting her from? :)
Have you had bunnies before? :D
I have four myself... :rofl: Started out with one!
They are so addicting! :hearts:

I am getting her from a friend's friend.I had two when I was little I loved them so much they were basically my playmates in preschool through kindergarten. :)
I can't wait I had a Chameleon but he had died(I am not good with reptiles....).
:biggrin:
Sarah

SarahLovesMusic1996 wrote:
I am getting her from a friend's friend.I had two when I was little I loved them so much they were basically my playmates in preschool through kindergarten. :)
I can't wait I had a Chameleon but he had died(I am not good with reptiles....).
:biggrin:
Sarah

[align=center]Awesome! :D
And aww, you're one of the lucky ones who had bunnies when they were a kid :biggrin:
I had wild bunnies for a little while (we saved them) but otherwise, I only had frogs, cats, dogs, and some rats. Rats are definitely not my forte, but they're so cute. XD
Anyways! It's probably a good thing I waited- or I might not have been as responsible as I am now XD
How old are you? =] just curious!
Aww. XD Chameleons are cool.. but kinda scary!

Love that cute little bunny! I have a soft spot for lops of any sort, and I'd love to have one, but I have seven rabbits already... I think eight might be pushing it. ;)

Congrads on the new member to your family and welcome!

The_Seven wrote:
Love that cute little bunny! I have a soft spot for lops of any sort, and I'd love to have one, but I have seven rabbits already... I think eight might be pushing it. ;)

Congrads on the new member to your family and welcome!
Thanks!:big wink:

:welcome1

What a cutie pie! I love the look on her face. I think she looks like a mini lop too. How much does she weigh?

This is a great place for you to read all about rabbit care from people who have been around a while. I'm a new mini lop owner too, but I'm more than twice your age LOL not being more specific.

Your bun is a "Mini Lop"

There are only 4 Official Breeds of Lop Rabbits recognized by the ARBA:

1. English Lop (ELop)- weight approx. 9-13lbs. Ear length anywhere from 23-27 inches. An ELop is a rare breed and is never mistaken for any of the other lop rabbits due to its unique ear length.
2. French Lop- Developed in France from the ELop & Flemish Giant. Ears aremuch-much shorter than an English Lops and its stature is thicker & muzzle much shorter also. Weight around 10lbs.
3. Holland Lop- Also called the "Netherland Dwarf Lop". Has short lop ears and short muzzle. Weighs in around 3-4.5 lbs. Its the smallest of the lops with baby-like features.
4. Mini Lop- Very similar to the French Lop but much smaller in size at only around 5-6 lbs at full maturity.

*The Velveteen Lop breed has yet to be approved by the ARBA so it has no officially recognized breed standard. However, it is a "mini" version of the English Lop (bred from the ELop & Mini-Rex) and weighs in around 6-7 lbs.

Hope this helped! :)

PickleJuice wrote:
Your bun is a "Mini Lop"

There are only 4 Official Breeds of Lop Rabbits recognized by the ARBA:

1. English Lop (ELop)- weight approx. 9-13lbs. Ear length anywhere from 23-27 inches. An ELop is a rare breed and is never mistaken for any of the other lop rabbits due to its unique ear length.
2. French Lop- Developed in France from the ELop & Flemish Giant. Ears are much-much shorter than an English Lops and its stature is thicker & muzzle much shorter also. Weight around 10lbs.
3. Holland Lop- Also called the "Netherland Dwarf Lop". Has short lop ears and short muzzle. Weighs in around 3-4.5 lbs. Its the smallest of the lops with baby-like features.
4. Mini Lop- Very similar to the French Lop but much smaller in size at only around 5-6 lbs at full maturity.

*The Velveteen Lop breed has yet to be approved by the ARBA so it has no officially recognized breed standard. However, it is a "mini" version of the English Lop (bred from the ELop & Mini-Rex) and weighs in around 6-7 lbs.

Hope this helped! :)

Thanks Picklejuice!I am so excited and I am reading around different sites and finding out many new things about bunnies. :)

Back