Hey, I'm back!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.e.

Reaction score
Well, that was quick, I know…
icon_rolleyes.gif

I got to thinking about this computer thing last night. And I decidedto let it go. And it's not because of the hassle, or the cost, oranything like that...

Yeah, I’m upset that I lost those files. But I got back almost all ofmy most important ones – the kitten photos, which I was lucky to havestored online. As far as everything else…it was just stuff, and I washanging on to it.

The music was nice to have, but I hardly ever listened to it. Thevideos I’ll certainly regret losing, but did I ever watch them? No. WasI even working on them? No, I never have time anymore. And if I’mhonest, I never will.

The school work wasn’t critical, nothing I couldn’t replace. Thedocuments…I’m bummed that I lost some of my journal entries. But theywere just there, like so many other things, saved for the heck ofsaving them.

The photos can be replaced, the documents can be rewritten, the videoscan be re-made. Yes, I spent a lot of time organizing my system. Mystuff. But I didn’t use 90% of it. I reshuffled it and put it in adifferent folder, maybe, but it was just…there. Organized and unused. Ididn’t throw anything away on the off chance that someday Imight need it.

This experience has really shown me how much I cling to useless things,just for the sake of having them. I cried at first for what I had lost,until I realized I didn’t miss it. Sure, it may set me back a fewsteps, but will it amount to much in the grand scheme of things? No. Infact, I feel…lighter. No longer clinging to bits of data and thingsthat will just slog up my system and sit there, unused. It’s like afresh spring cleaning for my computer. So, I guess my dad may have doneme an unintentional favor
icon_lol.gif

Hello, world, this is the new me.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

You have a great attitude! I should definitelychuck a lot of the stuff I've been hanging on to as well.... Gladyou're back! :D

Isn't it amazing when youcome to suchrealizations about things you once thought were so important to yourwell being in life?Yourpost is truly inspirational,I read it with a smile~Thank-you m.e. Your post can teach any old bun anew trick :)

Welcome to the forum NEW m.e

Cher

I'm so glad you're back, m.e. :dude:

You have so much to teach us and you do it so well.

There are folks here that bring a sense of security, as if one is in good hands. You're certainly amongst that group.

We really need you here.

Glad you're back.

Love,
-Carolyn

Back