hey hey

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutie

Reaction score
hello there,
im new to the forum (obviously), i have kept rabbits for around 6 years and bred them for the past 5 or so years. i started with an angora buck and a REW doe. well 6 generations later i am still breeding from the same bloodline with my angora lop doe. i also have 5 mini lops - im going to branch into breeding them. the last bunnies i have are my family of silver fox crosses (the mum and her litter of 5), and 3 large meat bunnies which i got told were "maltsese meat rabbits" but after a search on the net i have failed to find anything about them. so ill post in the breeds section and see if i can get any answers. so there is my bunny herd at this stage. i hope to post here alot and hopefully i may be able to help out aswell.

thanx for the warm welcome guys...i do have pics but they are on my camera which is MIA somewhere in my house after my daughter lent it. as soon as i find it there will be pics of everyone.

Hello,

Could I ask what do you mean by meat rabbits? Are you going to breed the buns for meat, or are they like Californians or New Zealands which are considered that kind of bun?

Ann

they are a breed called maltese, which are usually bred for their meat. ive found out that they are often crossed with the californian and the new zealand white to get a bigger bunny. my female was a cross between a maltese and an agouti wild rabbit, while the male seems to have a dutch thriown in the mix somewhere -which is where his sons blue/grey eyes come from i think. i dont think ill breed them for eating purposes as id feel bad though. lol

Latest posts

Back