Hey guys..just an update on things

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheryl

Reaction score
Hey everyone:)

Gosh it has been ages since i have been here...i still have no computer at the moment...i'm just using my sisters just now.

I have been incredibly busy..i have been working full time at my new job which is awesome..but takes up a lot of my time...i should have my new pc in Dec some time.

I just wanted to update on things..

I had wrote about Josie's head tilt a while ago in the infirmary...she is doing much better now but still has to have the injections as when we tried to stop the injections a few weeks ago her head just tilted right back again...so it was back on the injections for her...so the vet said that eventually we are going to have to try again because she cannot keep taking the injections.

When she first got head tilt she took it very badly...she got angry at everything and started biting and chewing everything...she lost heaps of weight...at one stage i thought i was going to lose her..i took her back to the vet and bawled my eyes out and asked for help...it was really awful to watch her go through all that.....but luckily after quite a few weeks with intense support she started doing much better and even started eating on her own...and when she was weighed we had awesome news that she was starting to put the weight back on....and since then she has stopped her chewing and biting and is now my sweet Josie again...while taking the injections her head doesn't tilt as bad...she still has a slight tilt though..but she is fine with it.....it's been a rough time though...but i love my girl so very very much that i will do anything for her....Dr Steven has also been great.

Gosh i am so very hopeless at giving her the injections...it took me over an hour to get my courage up to give her..her very first one....i'm such a baby sometimes....gosh and there was one time that i thought the needle was in and i went to press it and it went all over her fur....darn it..i said i'm so hopeless it's not funny....the vet said not to worry about it and that it happens to a lot of people...hehe i just don't know if he was trying to make me feel better lol.

But i'm just happy that Josie is ok and i'm not going to lose her through this..which i really thought i was actually going to lose her in the beginning...she was really bad.

Well that is Josie's update.

Now i have also noticed my Cassidy's eyes are starting to go cloudy...i'm sure he is starting to go blind...my poor baby boy...my bunny Lulu who i lost last year had the same thing and she went totally blind...now my poor Cassidy :(

All the other bunnies are just fine and doing great...Chocolate Bunny has to go on a diet i think she is getting so pudgy that girl.....gosh i have so many new pictures that i want to post but can't at the moment...i'm so hanging out for my new pc....so guys when i actually do get it...expect lots and lots of new piccies :D.

Ohh and i thought i would just share my concern that i have at the moment....

Sally who runs the rabbit rescue here in Adelaide has found a new strain of the Cilici virus....she had lost 154 bunnies in just one week....she had all those bunnies autopsied and found out about it....this is a much stronger strain than the original cilici virus and kills bunnies within 15 hours of getting the virus...and she is now blaming the government..but the government is denying everything....there is also no vaccine for this......so now i'm absolutely terrified for my bunnies...this is so wrong and unfair for all these domestic bunnies....what am i gonna do???? :(.

I had only found out about when i was reading the advertiser and Sally's story was in there....she is mighty angry and she took her story to the press.....it's the government i tell ya...they have done this!!!! :X

And since it's Spring here it's even worse!!

Cheryl and bunnies

:hugsquish:Cheryl!!! great to hear from you we missed you and your bunnies.

Glad to hear that Josie is doing better. I hope Cassidy is OK :(.

And poor Chocolate Bunny - she is just 'fluffier' , that's all!!!;)

It's so awful about all those rabbits getting tha virus. I hope it burns itself out before many more are affected.

Hurry back - and bring all those pics with you :)

Jan

It's good to hear from you Cheryl!!! I've been wondering how you were doing lately. I hope you get your computer problems sorted out soon - we miss you!

Hi guys,

I miss not having my pc and sharing pictures of my bunnies....i had to come to my sisters house today to be able to use her pc...i'm not able to do it during the week as i work from 8:30am to 4:30pm every day now...it's a big change from my other job.

But yeah i couldn't believe how many bunnies Sally had lost in a week...that is just so sad...i will have to post the news article about it later on....it's just devestating...those poor little bunnies and poor Sally for having to go through all that.

And yeah i'm so glad that my Josie is doing so much better...i have pictures of her to post...when her head was really tilted she just looked so very sad....i still cannot believe how fast it all just happened...but i'm just so thankful that she's ok.

All my bunnies send their furry love to all :)

Cheryl and bunnies

I hope you get a new PC soon, we need pictures :D
I'm glad to hear that Josie is doing better... I hope she will be done with the injections soon.
Sorry to hear about Cassidy's eyes... I hope it's something else other than blindness that can be treated easily!
That's terrible about the new virus. Is there anything you can do to help reduce chances of infection? Perhaps keep the buns inside at all times, windows shut, etc etc?

Thanks,

I don't think there is really nothing i could do..mosquitoes still come in the house so i just don't know what i can do..i was thinking i will go down and see Sally to find out more about it....i'm quite shocked about it though and just cannot believe it....i'm just Glad that Sally is doing something about it and i'm glad she went to the press..otherwise i might have not known about it until it was to late.

Cheryl and bunnies

Oh Cheryl, I'm so sorry to hear of all this. I asked for an update in your Josie thread, not knowing you had this one. I'm sorry I missed it!

I'll be thinking of you guys. I hope you find something out at Sally's, those poor bunnies:(. You could get one of those bug zappers to hang outside of your house, maybe put it up where the door is? They work great. Hopefully that helps you out.

Keep us posted, hon. Glad to hear Josie is doing okay. How is Cassidy doing?

Latest posts

Back