hey everyone

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loppalove

Reaction score
Well, i have been mia for a while, due to some sad goings on around here. I lost Rhythms entire litter, one by one. I then lost my new BEW holland lop buck, a week later I lost his brother, a VC buck, and then to my horror, I lost my EL buck Moose (the bunny in my avatar.) It really hit me hard emotionally, and I had to put everyone in quarantine until I could figure out what the heck was going on. It was awful finding moose gone as we were all (even hubby) really attached to him.

So I am down to a breeding quad of EL's, and a trio of BEW hollands. I sold all of my minis. I still have never figured out why I lost my adults like i did, bad feed? etc.

So anyway, thats an update. Hope you are all well, and I sure have missed you all!

Logan and the bunnies

Could you have had a virus going on? We lost over 15 rabbits in about 4 or 5 days due to a virus in our rabbitry...we had to clean everything with a 20% bleach solution.

OMG so sorry Logan to hear that had to be so hard on u especially when you couldnt figure out what was the cause of all that.

very well could have been. I did the same thing with a bleach mixture, threw away all remaining food, and quarantined bunnies that were caged near eachother. Which was no easy feat, seeing as though I have very limited space. But, i havent lost anymore and it has been over a month now...so i think we are out of the woods.

Wow, really sorry to hear of yourlosses... so sad. Glad to hear things have stablized now... I'm sure you did everything possible. You have my sympathy... :hug:

So sorry to hear this. I recently went through that and lost three of my rabbits, all in five days, and they were healthy. I had given them hay for extra warmth and it must have been bad hay. I had to seperate all of the bunnies and clean everything with bleach, and so far it's been a few weeks and I haven't lost anymore. Must have been a virus. Glad things seem to be okay for you now!

Latest posts

Back