Hey everyone from Texas!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasMari

Reaction score
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Maria and I just brought home my bunny yesterday. He is a holland lop and he is black with brown feet. He is adorable and sweet as can be. I don't think the lady that had him had a whole lot of time to take care of him, so I am glad that I found him. Along with him I have 3 chickens, a dog, and a cat. I found this forum when I thought my bunny was sick last night. There are some very helpful people here that were so nice in helping me yesterday and made me feel very welcome. Thanks again to them and hi to everyone else I haven't had the pleasure to meet yet. Talk at you soon!:wave:

Hi and welcome neighbor... I'm in Louisiana!

I found the forum the same way--I thought they were peeing blood because their urine was orange and reddish--I freaked out and happened upon this site while researching if they were sick!!! LOL!

:mrsthumper:

Hi from your neighbor in galveston welcome its a great forum and you will learn a lot

Heya Maria - welcome to the RO forums..I too own 9 Holland Lops - please post pics of your bun soon!

Welcome to the forum - I'm about 3 hours west of you in Del Rio, TX.

I want to let you know about an AWESOME vet there in San Antonio for rabbits. The website is:

http://www.tenwestvet.com/site/view/93053_Home.pml

When we tried to save my flemish giant's life - we drove him all the way there one Saturday and I was highly impressed with the vet's handling of him. It was obvious she loves rabbits and he seemed to feel secure around her.

He passed away the next day - but that was not her fault - she did everything she could - he was just worse off than we knew.

Her prices were reasonable too. I'm thinking of calling her to schedule neutering this fall for a doe of mine named Darla. I'll probably try to take her up a day early for bloodwork (to make sure her kidneys and stuff are ok) and then spend the night in the hotel and bring her home that next day when the surgery is done. I don't want the surgery done by the vets in Uvalde - I felt like the vet at Ten West just knows more about rabbits and enjoys them more.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes and thanks for the vet recommendation. I just love my new bunny, and I will be posting his pics really soon.

Latest posts

Back