Hey Bo.......

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaspberrySwirl

Reaction score
Bo B Bunny Said -"Oh, sorry Buck for my horrid grammar on here! LOL I sort oflose the ability to use proper grammar when I am "talking"online. My dots are for the pauses I would make in regularverbal conversation, and I am lazy ..... I will try to use thespellcheck here more often :p"

That cracks me up! I'm such a "dot"addict!!! I use and overuse them all thetime! Dying laughing here that someone else does it and admitsit!

Raspberry

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
Bo B Bunny Said - "Oh, sorryBuck for my horrid grammar on here! LOL I sort of lose theability to use proper grammar when I am "talking" online. Mydots are for the pauses I would make in regular verbal conversation,and I am lazy ..... I will try to use the spellcheck here more often:p"

That cracks me up! I'm such a "dot"addict!!! I use and overuse them all thetime! Dying laughing here that someone else does it and admitsit!
I LOVE my dots LOL! At least we are sane enough to know we do it! :p

I'm a dash addict -- together we can do morse code!

"I love rabbits" in Morse code is:

../.-..---...-./.-..--...-.....-...

Lest we be inclined to think I am so brilliant that I know Morsecode -- I am not and I do not-- I used a translator :)

Pam

It's no problem. We are just addicts. We admit it and go on about our....... dotting. LOL!

Ok, pam..... miss dashy butt! lol

I like the dots too ... and I do tend to overusethem. They're such a great tool for expressiveness thoughthat I just can't help it! :)

I guess you could say ... I'm a dot addict too!!! :D

(P.S. I also overuse exclamation points ... :p).

Of course there'snot a problem! I just think it's so funny that so many of us type as wewould speak! With drama.....and flair! LOL! You gotta love the dots! Wewill smile a little more from now on when we see each other's dots anddashes! :)

Raspberry

The ellipsis can be quite a handy punctuationtool, butoveruse of the ellipsis can destory the meaning youare trying to convey.

A commonquote on the use of the ellipsis: "... I can alsospot an overuse of the ellipsis at 50 paces. There are two reasons touse an ellipsis (and neither one is because you don't want to write atransition): Use an ellipsis to indicate words omitted from a directquote or to trail off intriguingly. If neither of these are yourintention, try a period. Dot. Full stop. Terminal punctuation can beyour friend.)

To attain the rank of ellipsis master, one can study this website:
http://webster.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/ellipsis.htm

Pam

BunnyMommy: Very masterful use of the ellipsis in yourpost! You do not need to refer to the above website :)

We're here for you Minda! The first step is admitting that you have a problem LOL

Pam

Grammar and spelling rules confound me because Ilike everything in black and white. I am very analytical andhate gray areas.

I can understand the rules, but then they throw in exceptions to therules. I can hang on until the point where there areexceptions to the exceptions!

Pam

Pam, Iwent to that web site. :shock:please note I didn't use anydots just then.

OMG! I think I'd prefer to be thought ofas an idiot than to try to figure those rules out. I read them threetimes! I'm more confused now than I was when I started!

Raspberry

I do that, too! I use MSN Messenger frequently and I type totally different, complete 'shorthand' and dots all the time.

I figured proper typing was more appropriate for this board, my short abbreviations can be hard to understand! lol.

Latest posts

Back