Heterochromia

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PixieStixxxx

Reaction score
One of my 9 week old baby bunnies from Uvic has heterochromia. She has one blue eye and one brown eye!

But neither her mom or her seven siblings show a dominant trait. So because I don't know if its hereditary or not.. how do I know if her heterochromia is caused by something problematic?

Thanks! I looked up the vienna gene.. The mom is an orange rabbit but she had two dutch cross babies. One is a black and white dutch x with blue eyes, and the other is a salt and pepper dutch x with the one blue eye and one brown eye.

Our rescued boy Spike looks to be part Dutch and Black Otter. His eyes are even more mixed--the right is 2/3 blue and 1/3 brown. His left eye is 1/3 blue and 2/3 brown. He's around 7 or 8 years old and has never had any problems.

Whoops! The other dutch baby has heterochromia too! Partial heterochromia actually.

The black one with blue eyes- One of her eyes is actually half brown half blue. And the other one is completely blue.

There are also three harlequins in this litter.. talk about a variety pack!

Latest posts

Back