he's holding his own

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
Unexplainable--Bunbun is holding his own. Thepasteurella infection from a low immune system is clearing up, helooked more alert this morning. His eyes and nose were dryagain.He's eating too, and taking his medicine on some driedbread.

He still sleeps most of the time, but seems to be holding on. I don't know how or why that's possible, but it's true.

Not exactly hope yet, but a little extra time.

Thank God.

Rose

He fought with his ice bottle just now, like oldtimes. He got worn out fast though--I left him sleeping next to it. Hisbreathing was rough but then it evened out quickly. I watched him tilhe fell asleep. His nose and eyes are still dry, and he washed his facethis morning. He also hopped in a circle and came to greet me.He sleeps with his ears cocked like antennas still.

His mate has built her nest but hasn't delivered yet (and she hasn'tpulled fur). It's day 29 today. She's moody, skittish, anduncomfortable.

Rose

I know he's trying, but I don't think he'll getbetter. He looks pretty bad now since it's been hot. He looked betterthis morning when I wrote, but the afternoon hit him hard.

He's just sleeping a lot and seems peaceful but tired. Every now andthen he perks up, like this morning, but he doesn't breathe very well.He is holding on, but it doesn't look like he'll make it.

I'm just glad I didn't put him through a lot of treatment. He's hadenough of that. It's not likely that a vet could have saved himanyway.It seems somehow better this way, a more gentle way.Like hospice care instead of a hospital. He's at home and I'm takingcare of him.

It's hard to see him like this.

Rose

I wish there was something I could say or dothat would make this easier for you. I just want you to know that youand Bunbun are in my thoughts and prayers. We're for you.

Tina

rabbitgirl,

I'm just coming upon this post now.

You sure did your best for BunBun.

I'm so sorry he passed.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back