here's to the 'teens'!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
I have been reading about how many of us aregoing through that lovely adolescent bunny phase. The bitinggirls, the spraying boys....and Gir who does both....

Territory marking. Mood swings.Mounting. Spraying. Biting.Boxing. Growling. Chinning.Big feet. Bigger ears. And biggestappetites.

Temper tantrums when there aren't enough cheerios in the dish. Tempertantrums when you're sleeping and should be up. Tantrums to getout. Tantrums to go in. When you don't pour food fast enough. When youchange bedding. When you aren't quick enough with the door. When you'renot paying attention.

But it doesn't last forever! Our little angels have turned into raving hormonal lunatics, but this too shall pass....

I may be weird, but I LOVE this age. I love the impotent fury of a 2lb. girl trying to take on the world (or anyone invading the cage). Andthe klutzy 8-lb baby boy who can't turn around without tripping overears or feet. Even the boing, flounce, boing FFFFFFSSSSHHHHT of alittle male dive-bomber who thinks nothing is funnier than seeing yousqueal when he sprays you. And the chin marking over every square inchof my coat, accompanied byblissfully closed eyesandcomments of "huumph hmm muf HUUUHHH whoof whuff HMMPH".

I'm very blessed to have a big, happy, smart, klutzy, mischevious boy who is just discovering how much he loves me.

And I love the good, the bad, the ugly, the cute, the annoying....ofthis amazingstage in his life. Those will begoodmemories some day!!

So here's to our "teens"--every last obnoxious one of them!!

:D:D:D:D

Rose

Rabbit girl,

Very well and creatively stated! *clapping* Like you I am lucky to havean 8 pound klutzy little boy who so far has not exhibited any of thesebehaviors with me. Ben just likes to box and bite my male dog :shock:!

Fergi & Ben's mom

I have been reading about how many of usare going through that lovely adolescent bunny phase. The biting girls,the spraying boys....and Gir who does both....

Dont get me wrong... I love Gir to death... but I cant snuggle withGuinevere anymore... she reeks of pee, and is turning into a yellowbunny!

I love watching him as he explores (as long as he doesnt find his wayinto a nono area... he already ate up some of Shawn's computerwires...) and does Binkies all over the room. I love it whenGuin and Gir snuggle and share some hay..

I love watching Gir try to jump on the bed and only slip off by acouple of inches and then watch Guin hang her head over the side of thebed and laugh at him. But the smell of urine is starting toget to me! Guin too, she now has yellow spots... and I try toclean them off to no avail.

He took a big chomp out of Shawn last night, didnt draw blood but myhunny was hopping around yelping with Guin looking onconcerned. And Shawn was just helping me expand the bunnycondo (it is now 5 squares high, 3 squares deep and 2 squares wide...with a whopping 6 floors. Gir LOVES it, Guin is so so aboutit)

At least the 'teenage' years dont last as long in bunnies as they do inhumans! hehe, no not all teenagers are terrors =) so all you teenies onthe boards dont get mad. Guinevere never went through thatstage, goodness knows I did.

Anyway... enough prattling!

Okay... Gir is trying to endear himself to menow... he is tugging on my pants leg looking for some attention, andthen licked me once. of course... once he was done with myattention... back to harrassing Guin!

if he's doing all that, isnt he old enough to getfixed?! i'm glad neither of mine are going too insane.. mrlicks only peed a few times and humped princess a few times before hewas fixed.. and she went through a month of leaving poops EVERYTWHEREin the house and peed in a few corners, but other than that they seemok.. however.. mr licks can be very demanding.. but how can we notspoil our babies?!

hehehehehehe

Oh, the STORIES we all have of our crazy teens!! Gir takes the cake though (literally, I'll bet, the little stinker!!) :p

I remember the first experience with ateen bunny was anightmare. The more I raised, the more I got used to it....and now Ireally really enjoy it, because I know how to deal with them.

It's so fun to see their personalities forming!!

Rose

I am probably so irate with the stinker becausethis is my first case of bunny teens... my first Bun was an adult whenI got him, and Guin just isnt a statistic. She has ALWAYSbeen the sweetest bun, never sprays, easy to litter train, and loves toplay and cuddle.

Gir is the exact opposite... go figure. at least he is just alittle guy. I'd hate to see what a Flemmy would do for a bite:shock:

Well, Bub's mom weighed 11 lbs. and she had quite a chomp!

I have a wonderful sweet girl bunny too who never went through adolescent "angst"--but her daughter did! Whew!!

Rose

People who scoff when I say I have a pet bunnyand say they have no personality... they should come on over to a'teen' bunnies warren. They have PLENTY ofpersonality.

If you just shove them in a hutch as some 'garden decoration' and neverinteract with them... of course they are going to seemboring! But give them some toys (Guin's new favorite toy is acouple of towels shoved in a box, she digs, pushes, tosses etc) and youwill be entertained by bunnies entertaining themselves.

Even the Stinker is getting to enjoy toys, he was playing with a bunnyrattle earlier... but of course as soon as I got close with my camerahe ignored everything.

You guys and your "teen" stories, lol. You arestarting to make me worry.. one of my new buns I am picking up nextweek is 4 months old XD From what I've heard.. it's might be more thanI bargained for, lol.

Latest posts

Back