Here's to scritches wherever you have itches...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lapaki

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Zoom-zoom, and I'm a happy bunny.

Zoom-zoom_640x360.jpg

A couple of years ago I was not so happy. I was wandering around the streets all alone in the big, scary world. There were dogs chasing me and cars trying to run me over. Somehow I had become separated from my family and I didn't have anyone to take care of me. Then I found someone walking nearby who looked like a nice guy. His name was Tim. I didn't know him, but he called to me and gave me some grass and nice face scritches (I really like face scritches) so I let him pick me up.

He took me home to keep me safe while he tried to find my family. He put signs all over the neighborhood, and advertisements on Craigslist, and even reported me to the local Humane Society's lost & found animal service. But I was sad because no one called him. My family didn't miss me.

:cry2

Tim fed me well and gave me lots of scritches, but he didn't have anywhere for a bunny to live, so he put me in a little cage he had borrowed from a friend. I don't like little cages because I like to run (they don't call me Zoom-zoom for nuthin' ya know).

Eventually he felt bad about keeping me in a little cage and he turned me in to the Humane Society. He told me it was for my own good. He said they would take care of me and find me a new home.

The people at the Humane Society seemed like they were nice. They talked nice and gave me food and scritches, but it was some kind of sick trick. They gave me something that made me real tired, and when I woke up they had cut my balls off! What kind of twisted people cut a guy's balls off?

:nerves1

I was scared and I really missed Tim. Fortunately he really missed me too, because the following week he came back and adopted me. When he was taking me home I thought I was going to have to live in that little cage again, but it turns out he had fixed me up a bigger place to live. He had blocked off his entire kitchen and made it my new home. It had a closet with a grass house and a soft bathmat for me to lounge on, and there was a nice big litter box for me to go potty in, and there was lots of food and toys! And it even has air conditioning!

And since then it's gotten even better! Now that we've bonded, and he's taught me what I can, and can't chew on, he's opened the gate to the kitchen and I have run of the whole house. It's awesome, and I love Tim so much that when he goes to sleep at night, I jump up on his bed and go to sleep with him.

Zoomer_Bed.jpg

And it gets even better! Since I spend so much time in the bedroom now, he built me a mini-Bunny condo with a second litter box and a rolling hay manger. It's so much fun!

Zoomer_Condo.jpg

Am I a lucky bunny or what? (Not counting that whole getting my balls cut off thing...)

So now I have room to go Zoom! Anyway, that's my story, and I hope you all have Happy Holidays!

Here's to scritches wherever you have itches, Zoom-zoom (and Tim)

I would like to welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Your one lucky bunny! Sounds like you have your slave trained well.

Many bunnies’ recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

Here are somelinks I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*The House Rabbit Society has a lot of good information on what veggies are safe for bunny’s, etc.

*Here is a link to learn what your furry master is trying to say to you How to Understand Your Bunny's Language

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How to Bond with Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions and I am glad you have joined rabbits online; I look forward to seeing you around.

lilylop wrote:
Oh Tim that made me laugh sooo much!!! I am really glad that zoom zoom has found a slave like you!! You sound like a great owner :D He is such a cute little bunn too!
:thanks:Glad you liked it. It was fun writing the intro.

Zoom-zoom is looking a little rumpled in the last 2 pics because he's starting his winter molt now. The first shot was taken 1-2 months ago when his coat was still smooth.

And speaking of his coat, he's like the super, extra plush bunny model. I've petted quite a few bunnys in my life, but never any as soft as the Zoomer. His entire coat seems to be comprised of the soft, downy undercoat, without any of the longer, heavier guard hairs. Other bunny slaves I know always comment on that when they pet him. It's really amazing how soft he is.
:pet:

Of course when he molts, the fur literally flies. Those fine undercoat hairs are nearly weightless, and because it's hot where I live I usually have at least one AC and a couple of fans running. So during molts it's not uncommon to see little tufts of fur floating by on their way to being sucked into the air conditioner. I have to vacuum the AC filter every day when the fur starts flying!
:vacuum:

If you look at page 5 of the Binky pictures thread (Photo Philes) I have a video of him doing a mini-Binky. I've been trying to catch one of his wild Binky frenzies on video, but bunnys are a lot like children when it comes to cameras. You try to take a picture, and they can't hold still. But try to take a video, and they freeze with that "deer in the headlights" look.
:foreheadsmack::pullhair::banghead

There are some fun smileys on this site.

Aloha, Tim (and Zoom-zoom)

Love the use of smileys!
It's a really sweet story which made both my boyfriend and I say "He's so nice" haha.

Zoom zoom is so cute :)

I think diet can also play a part in making fur for a given bunny be as soft as it can be. Becky was rather rough when I first got her, but she was also very thin. Now with adding oats and good food for a year she is so very much softer.

Welcome to RO, we love cute bunnies like zoomie and nice people like you :)

wonderful story, so glad Zoom Zoom found someone with such a big heart while out on his adventure!

Did his nose get burned from breaking the sound barrier while zooming through the house? :p (I know, I'm a dork) But that is what it looks like! you know how when a space shuttle or whatever is entering the atmosphere and gets real hot on it's front end? That was my thought of zoom zoom zipping through the house. too cute.

That is the cutest story. I'm usually not a sap, but that made me a wee bit teary! Zoomer is one lucky bun...and well behaved too!! Q-tip has tried the sleeping in bed with me thing, but eats my hair during the night and jumps on my head to wake me up, so she's been banished from the bed. Q-tip wants to say hi to Zoom Zoom too...she thinks he's quite charming looking.

Yea, Zoomer did the wake up thing to me when I first got him. I was trying to contain him in the kitchen, but he's obviously smarter than I am because he thwarted most of my efforts, usually in the wee hours of the morning.

I'd wake up to him binkying around my bed and say, "Hey, what are you doing here?" Then he would zoom out the bedroom door.

When I'd go out to look for him he'd be back in the kitchen looking all innocent.

"What? A bunny in your bed? Wasn't me. Must have been some other bunny." :whistling

Latest posts

Back