Here's Ella. Help?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The person i got her from said that she was 4 weeks old, in previous posts i was told that that is bad and might be incorrect so here's a picture of her laying down next to a toilet paper roll (as a size reference).

006.jpg

she is very tiny... more than likely she is 4 weeks old. babies nurse up to 7 weeks so it is likely she will have health problems. keep an eye on her.

javierfajardo121 wrote:
If she was 4 weeks old when we got her, then shes nearing her 7th week which would be on Monday. after 7 weeks is she more "in the clear"?
They aren't really 'in the clear' until about 10 weeks. Even rabbits who have had the best chance and weaned at 6-8 weeks can still have problems when only given solid food and moved to a new cage. Also when moving to a new home and having new food can cause problems for some rabbits. A rabbit who was weaned too early can have issues later on, so it can be something to keep an eye on.
Since yours is now 7 weeks and has been with you for 3, she should be ok, but it is not a guarantee until she is a bit older.

Also, I really hope she will not be in that tank for long. Aquariums are not suitable housing for a rabbit as the build up of ammonia can cause respiratory problems. The cage should have at least one side that is wire (like in a hutch), or have 4 wire sides and a bottom for the litter. The tank also looks quite small and she will outgrow it fast. The cages most breeders use are at least 2X2ft, but pet owners use larger ones. It should be big enough for her to make 2 hops in one direction without hitting something like a house or litter box, she should be able to lay down and stretch out and stand up all the way without hitting her head.

@korr okay will defenetely keep an eye on her. yea its temporary thats like 1/4 of the tank tho its a 55 gallon one. thats the litter side, the other side (seperated by that cardboard box you see in the pic) is where her food/hay/water is. she jumps ontop of the cardboard box and jumps in and out as she pleases. the build up of ammonia would not be an issue even if she stayed in there 24/7 (other issues like inactivity would be present but not the ammonia), the tank is within a foot of our bed lol. needless to say any hint of ammonia and i bust out the trashbag, vinegar and water. so her tank has been getting cleaned on a daily bi-daily basis. waiting for the new hutch to get delivered, should be here either tomorrow or monday =].

javierfajardo121 wrote:
If she was 4 weeks old when we got her, then shes nearing her 7th week which would be on Monday. after 7 weeks is she more "in the clear"?
i guess she would be more in the clear now but there is no telling. it could affect her greatly in later life... there is nothing you can do now except for love her and care for her.

dont feed her veggies for a long time. form the pic you posted her poos look nice and round and firm so that's a good sign.

just remember in future dont buy a rabbit under 8 weeks

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunny's recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Back