Here we go again????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mdailey

Reaction score
Last year I had a heck of a time nursing Willow through something that left her with permanent head tilt. She was happy & healthy and her new perspective on the world did not seem to slow her down any. I have kept her isolated from my other buns mostly because she has a difficult time eating and I wanted to monitor her intake to ensure she was eating enough and she was. A week or so ago I noticed her sneezing and due to my research on line knew that could be something of concern so I watched her very closely. All appeared well until this morning when I noticed something was off. She has been drinking alot of water I think - its hard to tell because she does tip her bowls over because of the tilt. Our normal routine consists of me giving her a snuggle and then a piece of dried pineapple as a treat. She did not want anything to do with it - which is NOT like her. I tried a bit of banana and same thing - absolutely no interest. She is shedding so I gave her a bit of Benebac and I am hopeful that when I get home from work today her bowl will be empty but want to be prepared to jump on this should it be something else. She was fairly perky but when I lifted her to give her a snuggle I noticed that she has lost weight. She really had packed on the pounds since the last struggle. I am hopeful that someone out there might have some suggestions for me? I remember reading something about sneezing or sniffles and then a week or two delay before onset of the problem but can't seem to find that info. Anyone had any experience with something like this?

Though possibly serious, the sneezing is less concerning to me than the symptoms of weight loss, increased thirst, and lack of appetite. Weight loss and increased thirst can be signs of medical issues like infection or possibly kidney issues. With this and also the sneezing and lack of appetite, you definitely want to get her into your vet right away.
http://www.rabbitnetwork.org/articles/weightloss.shtml

I've not read anything about a two week delay in sneezing symptoms, though I'm sure something like this could happen where you only see some symptoms, then nothing til it reemerges weeks later.

JBun - Thanks for reply - may have been an overreaction on my part. I gave her some benebac and within a few hours things were back to normal and it's been 3+ days. The water could have been from her tipping her waterer over due to the tilt? I panicked when she passed on the banana but now keeps standing on her hind legs (not easy for a tilted bunny) all the time begging for her treats so it may have just been a passing thing.

Latest posts

Back