Here we go again...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you start feeling better soon and that the doctor can assist your pain.

As for surgery, I had 4 surgeriesbetween October 1, 2008to February 2, 2009. It's not that bad. They normally have you in a prep room in the surgery department where they takeblood tests, urine tests etc. Then you wait and wait and wait somemorebefore they come get you. Iknow we live in different countries and practices may be different. But the surgeon always met with me first and then I'd get rolled back to the surgery.My last surgery, I remember being rolled back andwatching the surgery techs getting me ready, moving on table, etc. They just slowly started getting blurry andthey were gone and so was I. One of the techs was in a happy mood, dancing around the surgeryroom to the radio they had playing.

Being put under is no biggy, but myproblems wascoming out. I normally just feltreal heavy as if I weighed a ton of pounds. I just keptopening and closing my eyes... really weird feeling.After my firstsurgery (gallbladder removed), I got'sick'when coming out from being under. So for the future surgeries that were result of a car accident, I just let them know I had troubles coming out and getting sick. Theysaid no problem and gave meextramedications torefrain from getting 'sick'' which worked perfect.

You'll dofine if you have to have surgery, just don't worry.. that's the big thing.Worrying will just makes the surgery experience and recoverythat much harder.

Before the 4 recent surgeries, I had 3 as a younger child (11 months, about 5 and then 7 or 8 years old). Plus the wisdom teeth which was nothing. :)

So good luck if you do have to go through surgery!

Amanda

He sent me home because he said he wasn't sure if it was appendicitis and it wasn't that bad, ( i had only had the pain for a day ) so he was going to take a look back in his books and see how I felt today, to see if the pain went away or anyhthing. He said if the pain got worse to go to emerg. It's 12:15 and i'm getting nervouse. I have seperation anxiety with my mom which i'm getting treated for my my phsycologist so .. yea

He didn't send you for tests? Or anything? hhhmmm. If you still have the pain I think you should get your mom to take you to the ER for tests (although dang it, the dr should have done that rather than having you go the ER route...geez....double geez, even).

As for 'going under' during surgery, I had to have a biopsy done a few years ago at the Riverside, and was put under general anesthetic (tonsillectomy/biopsy). Must say I was apprehensive, as the last time I'd had general anesthetic was in the 60s, and I became sick as a dog upon waking. However, the nurse assured me that times - and anesthetics -have changed greatly since the days of ether, and she was right. I went into the OR and saw my doctor, talked to him for a moment and - next thing I knew - I was waking up in the recovery room. It felt as if no time had passed at all, I had absolutely no nausea and felt fine. (Surprised me too, because my body tends to be sensitive to everything.) Also had no recall of any dreams. It's kind of a cool experience actually. :biggrin2:

(((HUGS))) that you're feeling 100% better very soon!

Bassetluv wrote:
He didn't send you for tests? Or anything? hhhmmm. If you still have the pain I think you should get your mom to take you to the ER for tests (although dang it, the dr should have done that rather than having you go the ER route...geez....double geez, even).

As for 'going under' during surgery, I had to have a biopsy done a few years ago at the Riverside, and was put under general anesthetic (tonsillectomy/biopsy). Must say I was apprehensive, as the last time I'd had general anesthetic was in the 60s, and I became sick as a dog upon waking. However, the nurse assured me that times - and anesthetics -have changed greatly since the days of ether, and she was right. I went into the OR and saw my doctor, talked to him for a moment and - next thing I knew - I was waking up in the recovery room. It felt as if no time had passed at all, I had absolutely no nausea and felt fine. (Surprised me too, because my body tends to be sensitive to everything.) Also had no recall of any dreams. It's kind of a cool experience actually. :biggrin2:

(((HUGS))) that you're feeling 100% better very soon!

It wasn't an actual appointment I had yesterday. It was my grandma's appointment, my mom just asked if he could check me out. The actual appointment is today. I'm really nervous. My moms' friend -as i said before- went in for her appendix and she couldn't even wear underwear after.Just plain, in the ugly hospital nightgown. Eww lolhttp:// Aha.

Thanks =)

My dad had surgery to remove his appendix three weeks ago today, actually. I think I got more nervous than him. He said that how he could really tell that it was appendicitis was that although the pain was rather centralized, he could press his middle and other sides and it wouldn't hurt at all, but then when he pressed his right side it hurt like heck.
If you do have appendicitis then you probably need to get you appendix removed because if it bursts then you could die. However, the surgery isn't much if it hasn't busted. Dad was out of the hospital the next day and teaching his class a day after that. And he worked out on Monday. So, considering he is older and you are younger, you should bounce right back.
If you do get it out then make sure you have some dresses to wear though. It would be a lot better than wearing pants.

I believe they can do a blood test and if your white counts are elevated and you present other symptoms, they are pretty sure it is appendicitis. Are you running any fever?

As far as general anesthesia....I'm a big fan of it. I've only "gone under" twice; once for getting 4 wisdom teeth pulled and once for a minor outpatient surgery. Both times it seemed like I was there one minute and then I just disappeared. When I came to, it was just like I "popped up". I don't know if that description made sense, but that was what it felt like for me. Both times, I was given an anti-nausea drug as part of my pre-op.

I just got home. I went to my appointment and he got me rushed to emergency. Then I spent FOUR HOURS in the waiting room. I went to ask the nurse if I could drink water because I was dry choughing and it hurt even more. She said 'I told you no! I already told you what don't you get about NO WATER NO FOOD'. I told my mom and she went to yell at the girl. That was my first time asking , she made it sound like it was my 1345456th.
Anyways, I saw the doctor and he made me sit on the bed and he slapped both side of my back and I almost SCREAMED. He nodded then told me it was a kidney infection. They took a urinary text and that confirmed it. He just said it was a baadd infection, it usually doesn't get caught so late and thats why I was in so much pain. ( I don't complain unless it reallllly hurts). I'm really drowsy now, Antibiotics and tylenol.. yum =)

I'm glad you found out what's wrong, and that you won't be needing surgery!

At least it wasn't your appendix - kidney infection doesn't sound to pleasant either though :(
But at least you don't need an operation. How long do kidney infections last for? Will you be in pain for much longer?
Feel better soon xxxxxx

I'm glad they figured out what was wrong. It's good that you didn't need surgery but kidney infections are pretty bad too. Your kidneys are important!

Hopefully the antibiotics will work quickly and you will feel better soon.

Glad to hear you are on the mend - kidney and urinary tract infections hurt a lot.

Was going to add my two cents on the general anesthesia - been put under for my gallbladder surgery in January and four knee surgeries and each time they gave me an antinausea drug and something to relax me...by the time they gave me the meds it was like being really sleepy and then the next thing I knew I was being awakened in the recovery room.

Glad it was not your appendix. Feel better!

Denise

Thanks guys. The doctor prescribe me a medication for 'Life threatening bacteria and deseases' Or so the drug website says lol.
It still, hurts, ALOT.

Latest posts

Back