Here is another question about grooming.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmmcnair

Reaction score
Bubba is a very messy bunny! If you allhad read my earlier posts about him and his mats and his jewels, I'msure you all have gathered that....

Well, he has another booboo on his family jewels. I foundthis after I noticed that he was carrying around some of his poop onthem, and was cleaning them off. I also noticed he hascrusties all over his jewels :shock:. Anyone ever have thisproblem? I am assuming it is urine, but it won't comeoff! I even put him in the tub to soak, I also cut more hairoff his tummy and around his jewels and "outtie holes".Anything else that will help with the crusties? There arestill a lot left, and they look like they are irritating the delicateskin....I put some triple antibiotic ointment on the booboos and allaround, hoping to loosen it all up.

So any advice would be welcome. This bunny is as bad as my exin the messydepartment!!!

Dawn

You might try some hydrocortisone or vitamine E. The boys do sometimes will develop calloused jewels.

Pam :cool:

Thanks Pam. I'll tell ya, this boybunny of mine just keeps on surprising me! And honestly, Ihope I only have to deal with his jewels and not hispenis!:shock:I will try the hydrocortisone and see whathappens. I was hoping to breed him, but with as many problemsas I am having with his privates, I may just get them cut off!!! I amdefinitely getting Ozzy fixed.

Thanks again Pam.

Dawn

Back