Her fur is changing

• Thread starter Sophie's Humble Servant
  • Start date
Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sophie's Humble Servant

Sophie finally stopped shedding about a month and a half ago. Now it seems like her fur is getting longer? I got her last April and I don't remember her looking like this.

She's always had a bit of skirting fur at her back end and of coarse the lion mane but the skirting is really growing long and thick. Her litter is becoming stuck in the skirt sometimes. She's also starting to grow grey fur on the side of her body, lower down by her back haunches. The grey fur sticks out in the same manner as her bum skirt.

Her lion mane is also getting quite wild and flies around in reckless abandonment when she binkies and runs around.

She is a house rabbit only so I'm surprised by the drastic change! Up until this point she's only ever had smooth black fur on her body...now this weird wooly grey fur on her sides.

She's quite the furry beastie at the moment lol!

Is this common for a lionhead cross? I don't know what she's crossed with though lol

Maybe she's crossed with an angora. Could explain the extra wooliness :) I'm not really familiar with what a lionheads normal coat would look like though.

Wooly indeed! Lol

I keep meaning to take some posing pics of her and post them to the rabbittry and showroom. Maybe someone will know what she is.

Omg she looks like Sophie! Is yours a lion head cross too?

Yes I was told she's a lionhead cross but idk what her other half breed is

My bunny has done this before. I asked the vet and she said he was molting, where the fur can change color. So yeah.

Back