Henri peed on Matt!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angoralvr

Reaction score
Ok, so you guys know I have been having a bit of a territory war at my house lately. Well I can deal with it, I am afraid my BF is not going to put up with it for too long though if it stays like this. Last night Henri decided that he was going to jump up on the couch, back his little butt up, and pee right on Matt! Of courseMatt was not amused. I think Henri did it because Matt really likes Acorn and has been spending time with him downstairs.

Aside from not letting Henri have time out of his run, what can I do to keep this from happening again? Is there even anything I can do? He should be getting fixed in January and I know that will help but I need to figure out something in the meantime so that Matt doesn't end up getting resentful of the rabbits being in the house. He has not had any problems with them until now, I think the shock of being used as a litter box just got to him.

Unfortunately, this is the peril of bunnies.

Henri was either marking Matt back as his, or weed on him to feel safer about him being there (he might have smelt 'bad' because of the other bun).

The only way to stop that really is to not let him on people.

If he does do it again, soak up the wee with a tissue, and put it in his litter box and then put the rabbit in there too, just be super quick and tell by his posture and action he is going to wee and put him in the litter box as a pre-emptive strike.

Then rub somewhite vinegar on whatever the bun weed on which deter him doing it again.

Even when hge has been neutered he might still spray for a couple of months, and because this might be more behavioural than hormonal, weeing on people might not disappear unless you get him totally reliable in the litter tray.

My other suggestion to avoid getting peed on... is to change your clothes. If you have been playing with Acorn, change clothing (everything down to your socks) before you play with Henri. That way you don't smell like Acorn and he may not feel as strong an urge to mark you.

Also, just reassure Matt than the neutering and the eventual bonding will make things calm down, he just needs to have a bit of patience... just tell him to look at how cute they are and how cute they will be when they are cuddling!!

Nadia

Bo will back up to my hubby's pillow and pee, and he will back up to me and pee if I let him on the bed.

He will bite me if I hold Tony then pick him up.

Henri owns Matt - Matt needs to know this. :p

Matt should be honored, he's been 'claimed'. Henri is either jealous that Matt smells likeAcorn or that he's getting too much of YOUR attention. Both are common.

Eventually they seem tojustgive up. Mind you, around here it's been because we keep adding bunnies. ;) It's too exhausting to stake out space (and people) with 11 other rabbits. :biggrin2:

sas :bunnydance:

John's not around the bunnies much - but Bo hears him and he flattens his ears and gives him the look of death..... John never sees it tho LOL!

If I'm holding Bo and he hears John - he gets up on my chest and does it - like "Go ahead, make my day!"

He's my guard bunny!

Back