Helppp meee

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linh

Reaction score
Hi, I have 2 rabbits, both are male rabbits and I wonder why they pee when they were jumping?? it makes a big mess. I let them live in 1 cage so when they jump on other they also pee on other rabbit. They have white furry so they alway look dirty and smell very bad. Does anyone know how to stop them or any solution for my situation??

how old are they? are they neutered males?
If they are intact males then what they are doing is marking and spraying and you would want to get them to the vet to be neutered.

Hi, they are spraying to mark their territory and I guess they are about 4-5 months now? They do it because they become sexually active now and it won't stop if you will keep them together or near each other. In fact you shouldn't keep 2 males in one cage because they are no more babies and soon will start humping each other and then will start fighting, that is quite dangerous as they can seriously damage each other and even kill each other. This is natural for the rabbits you should separate them immediately and either neuter both, wait 2 months after that and then try bonding them in a neutral territory. If they will accept each other they can stay friends for life but there is also possibility that they will still hate each other so you will have to keep them separately. Your other option would be to find a good home for one of them. I adopted a young male rabbit just a couple months ago, people also got two baby brothers from a pet store and when they were about 4 months old they had a major fight it was really scary so they had to rehome one. His wounds are healed now around his eye and on his back, but he will have a huge hole in his ear for life. So this is quite serious and please separate them asap, ideally place them into different rooms so they can't see and smell each other as they will continue to spray everything around, walls, you etc.

Last edited:
Because they stay together for a long time, and look like they didn’t fight before and sometimes I see if I separated they look so sad, so I don’t do it. I have thought about neutered them but I scared of what happen after they neutered? Is that I need to do with my rabbit??

I wouldn’t separate them, I would just get them neutered very soon maybe even tomorrow and afterwards they should just be ok or not?

Because they stay together for a long time, and look like they didn’t fight before and sometimes I see if I separated they look so sad, so I don’t do it. I have thought about neutered them but I scared of what happen after they neutered? Is that I need to do with my rabbit??
After neutering they will still act like unneutered for about 6-8 weeks and can even impregnate a female rabbit during this time. So they will need to be separated anyway, if you neuter tomorrow for at least 6-8 weeks, then you can try bonding them again, but no guarantee.
We don't know their age but I guess they are 4-5 months old and before that they were just babies so had no problem staying together, when they become sexually mature it will never change back they will never be babies again so I understand that until now it was fine but now you have two almost adult males and they already trying to show who's the boss there by spraying everything around and the other rabbit. So I wouldn't risk keeping them together for any longer as they can start fighting any minute and can fight to death. Please separate them asap

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back