Helping Rabbits Through Legislation

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SharonLee

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

An advocacy group has been created to increase the quality of life of rabbits in Massachusetts through legislation. There's much to do, and we are just getting started. We will be working with the MSPCA , state politicians, and a variety of individuals in the state of MA. It is hoped that our efforts will set a precedent for people wanting to help rabbits in other states and throughout the country. In order to create legislation, we will be carrying out a variety of preliminary tasks, including writing letters, doing research, and talking to professionals, politicians, and other individuals. We also need people to fill leadership roles. While we welcome all types of people, we particularly are looking for individuals in Eastern Massachusetts who are very passionate about helping rabbits and have time to dedicate to the cause. If you do not live in Eastern MA, you can still be a -part of things. I myself, live in South Dakota. :) We can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/RabbitLegislation

This does interest me, and I think it is a good way to effectively educate a large number of people on proper rabbit care. How would this help the rabbits?

This does interest me, and I think it is a good way to effectively educate a large number of people on proper rabbit care. How would this help the rabbits?

Hi Alyssa and Bugs,

Thanks for responding. Rabbits are often not treated properly in different commercial environments for a variety of reasons: ignorance, greed, and more. In general, our aim is to increase proper treatment of rabbits by going through the legal system. Right now, we are doing preparations to work on a case. Although we are focusing on Eastern Massachusetts right now, we are going to be looking at similar situations throughout the state of Massachusetts as part of our case. If you want more details, I can be reached at [email protected]

Latest posts

Back