Helping Jessi and Storm get used to our new place.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs. PBJ

Reaction score
We are moving apartments in two weeks.

I was wondering do you do anything special to get them used to the new place. We are going from carpet to wood floors. They will still be housed in the living room I think.

So what if anything do I need to do for them?

I would like tips too..we move in 6 weeks. I do knwo that they probably won't use the litter box until they get settled and to have some pumpkin on hand in case they decide to get really upset..

I am moving in a month or so and have been trying to think of things to do. One thing I will do is try to keep things with them that have their original smell. Like I have some area rugs. I will put those down in their new room. I also won't clean their litter boxes before or right after moving. I will try to give them their usual set up as much as I can. Making sure they have their favorite toys and boxes to hide in.

The moving day, all the animals will be in the spare bedroom until I move them to the new place. A week or two before moving, I will set up the two caged areas in the spare bedroom and leave them open so they can investigate and hopefully get use to it while they have the run of the house. I am hoping that will help them not to be upset when I have to lock them in there while the movers are here.

We haven't moved with Gus yet, but we have travelled with him twice now--even took him camping!

When packing up, we've always left him in his cage till the last minute. Then we put him in his carrier and put him in the car. He's usually pretty tense in the car atfirst, but after a few minutes he'll lie down and chill out. Then when we arrive, he's first out and we get his pen set up with his things and in he goes.

So long ashe wasset up with his familiar things (his pen, his litter box, his hay rack and dishes), he's had no problem settling in. He basically hops out of his carrier into his pen, sniffs around everywhere, eats some food, has a drink, uses his litter box, has a bath, and then flops. :D

The only issue we've had so far is, the second time we travelled,he didn't poop until the next afternoon at the new place (he never stopped eating or peeing, just held the poops as long as he could!), but other than that, he's beenjust fine.

Hope that helps!

Rue

I guess I should add. We are moving in the same complex so the bun will never have to leave there cage at all. I am literally going to role there cage down the sidewalk.

I may take them out for safety but if I really wanted to I would not have to. Cause we do have to go down a flight of stairs.

Latest posts

Back