Help!!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyLuver14

Reaction score
We just bought my sisters rabbit a week ago and he is a baby dwarf, today she took him out to play with him and his back legs are like paralyzed! he isn't in pain, but just cant use them! he has diarrhea to but we think he ate to much timothy hay. we called a vet and she said to watch and she what happens and i feel so bad for him...what do we do!!!

So you told your vet that the rabbit was having diarrhea and rear leg paralysis and they told you to watch and see what happens? Idk I'd be taking my bun to a rabbit-savvy vet.

Could he have hurt his back? I believe a spinal injury could lead to rear paralysis and toilet issues - but I am happy to be corrected.

I'd be contacting a different vet for a second opinion.

He didnt hurt his back that we know of, he doesnt seem to be in pain he just crawls with his front legs and he is very fast, but his poop is back to being solid but we are still really concerned and working on the vet....any advice for the time being would be vey appreciated

It does sound like a spinal cord problem to me. If his back is broken your options are pretty limited but im some cases it's inflammation around the spinal cord or other nerves which, if treated with an anti-inflammatory like meloxicam (metacam) can improve. I would keep him confined to a small area like a carrier and see a vet asap.

Absolutely see another vet. [or the same one if you don't think the situation was made clear.] Just because you didn't see him fall, doesn't mean he didn't have a spinal injury. And not being in pain because he can't feel anything isn't such a good thing.

Also, eating lots of hay would not cause diarrhea. Eating too many treats or veggies would.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back