help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mybabyhero wrote:
I wanted useful advice. Not your advice I guess! :moon:
That is so rude and not called for. Youshould expect this type of feedback when you want to keep 9 morerabbits and want to continue breeding and probably getting attached tothose rabbits as well, and then you will end up with thousands ofrabbit

~Amy

Look, most of usget on well on thisforum. Sorry if you did not like the adviceI gavebut if you post you have to learn to listen, as everyone has differentviews.I only asked your age because you seem veryyoung, andI thought that that is why you are experiencingproblems parting with you buns!

A quote from the mission statement

"We expect all members of the community tosubject their views and actions to critical examination and acceptresponsibility for them."

If you posted it we have the right to saysomething, it doesnt mean you will like what we say though. When we saythings like "How will you care for them" it is not that we dont believeyou will be able to, it is that we care for the rabbit and we want youto understand that rabbits can be VERY expensive to take care of (Food,vet toys ect). And 9 more rabbits will put a large dent into yourwallet.

And you said that you want to continuebreeding.....are you going to keep those rabbits as well?:?

~Amy

ayglnu13 wrote:
A quote from the mission statement

"We expect all members of the community tosubject their views and actions to critical examination and acceptresponsibility for them."

If you posted it we have the right to saysomething, it doesnt mean you will like what we say though. When we saythings like "How will you care for them" it is not that we dont believeyou will be able to, it is that we care for the rabbit and we want youto understand that rabbits can be VERY expensive to take care of (Food,vet toys ect). And 9 more rabbits will put a large dent into yourwallet.

And you said that you want to continuebreeding.....are you going to keep those rabbits as well?:?

~Amy
Thanks wellsaid.

mybabyhero wrote:
Wait a minute I was just saying I like to raise bunnies thensell them! I can keep them if I want too. And I can afford 9 bunniesbecause I have loads of animals. I like breeding rabbits and I willcontinue to do so.

Paiten:X

Having "loads of animals" and being able to afford them are twodifferent things. Watch Animal Cops on the Animal Planet Channel andyou'll see loads of cases where people have loads of animals that arestarving! I rescue rabbits and now have 29 of them. Feeding them is notcheap. Vet visits are necessary and not cheap either! I work part-time,just for them.

This is ridiculous you must be a child breedingfor fun'if you love them so much would'nt it be better to let them goto good homes than struggle with vet fees and having to seperate boysand girls 'how will you cope then.:disgust:

Basically what you are saying is that you wantto become an animal collector. because thats how they start out. Theystart out breeding 2 animals or more. Get attached, and then keep everysingle one produced. Most put themselves into a bind and get to thepoint where they can no longer afford to keep the animals. Then animalcontrol, rescues, and spcas have to step in to try and take care of thesituation. Most of the animals endup being killed. Watch animals copson animal planet sometime, and you'll see what I mean. There is not anepisode that airs that doesnt always have them busting some sort of ananimal collector.

I raise purebred, quality rabbits. I have around twenty of them rightnow. They are costly. I have to purchase baytril, and make vet visitsevery so often when I get a sick bunny. I have to purchase feed andcages for everyone that I decide to keep. I do not keep all of them. Iam immune to having feelings, about re-selling my stock. I got over ita long time ago. Yes I do care about them, but you just can't all ofthem. Most of my rabbits go to other breeders/pet owners. Yes I dosometimes see the animal show back up at a fiar, or as competition onthe show table. that is if the owner chooses to keep in contact withme.

ayglnu13 wrote:

That is what I was gonna say, you beat metoo it :pI am glad some one said it!

~Amy

The spo-ness(stupid pet owner)of some people is amazing isn't it?

Though in this case it would be stupid breeder/collector.

I cant say that Iam against breeding because I breed myself, but what I am against isirresponsible breeding!

When I sell a baby Holland the prospectiveowners must first fill out a 2 page form asking all different types ofquestions, such as: Where will the rabbit be located? Will you get thebunny fixed? What does a rabbits diet consist of? ect..

Then after the prospective owners havefilled out the form the come and meet the bunnies, if I don't get agood vibe, then no bunny for them!

And when the bunnies do find the righthome I give the new owners a packet which is 6 pages long.

I don't just give them away and hope forthe best, because usually the best doesn't happen.

You really should consider what you aredoing, and what could happen to the bunnies in the future. The babiesare more important then your feelings are.

~Amy

You guys are making nothing out of something! OkI get the point. I am not a animal collector either. I have 2 horses 3dogs 1 cat 12 rabbits which 9 are going to be sold.

Paiten:disgust:

ayglnu13 wrote:
I cant say that I am againstbreeding because I breed myself, but what I am against is irresponsiblebreeding!

When I sell a baby Holland the prospectiveowners must first fill out a 2 page form asking all different types ofquestions, such as: Where will the rabbit be located? Will you get thebunny fixed? What does a rabbits diet consist of? ect..

Then after the prospective owners havefilled out the form the come and meet the bunnies, if I don't get agood vibe, then no bunny for them!

And when the bunnies do find the righthome I give the new owners a packet which is 6 pages long.

I don't just give them away and hope forthe best, because usually the best doesn't happen.

You really should consider what you aredoing, and what could happen to the bunnies in the future. The babiesare more important then your feelings are.

~Amy
Hi, I was just wondering... I am going to be selling rabbits ina couple months (bell had her babies) and I know I should give a longinterview with people. What type of questions would I need to ask? Likehow many hrs. are they going to be home? Are they going to be inside oroutside bunnies? Are you going to get them fixed? will you show? Theseare just a few I thought up right now but I was just wondering.

Hi guys, sorry to barge in this thread likethis,I read most messages, but I was just wondering, even doI agree with all of you.

You cant just say someone canthave 9 ormore bunniesif they wanted too. What if they lived in a HUGE house like MichaelVick? She never said she lived in an apt or a farm, etc.

Maybe she has a lot of money and doesn't work and wanta littlemore bunny friends.

But all I can say is, if you're going to breed rabbits,eithersell them to someone, or keep them and get them all fixed and make sureyou have enough space for them to run freely in order to have some fun:cool:

Paulo wrote:
Hi guys, sorry to barge in this thread likethis,I read most messages, but I was just wondering, even doI agree with all of you.

You cant just say someone canthave 9 ormore bunniesif they wanted too. What if they lived in a HUGE house like MichaelVick? She never said she lived in an apt or a farm, etc.

Maybe she has a lot of money and doesn't work and wanta littlemore bunny friends.

But all I can is, if you're going to breed rabbits,eithersell them to someone, or keep them and get them all fixed and make sureyou have enough space for them to run freely in order to have some fun:cool:

I got soooooooattached to my bunnies I don't want to sell them

Well I raisebunnies and I play with them and every thing but I don't think I couldsell them.

I have loads of animals.

I like breeding rabbits and I will continue to do so.

Those were all quotes from mybabyhero.

It isnt that they COULDNTraise all those babies, it is just that the babies would be in a betterin a home that only had one rabbit. If they keep all the babies theywill be over run by babies!

"I like breeding rabbits andI will continue to do so.I got sooooooo attached tomy bunnies I don't want to sell them "

What if he has the sameproblem with the other litters? What if they get attached to all of thelitters?????

It isnt BAD to have a fewbunnies, it is bad when you plan to keep breeding and are gettingattached to the litters!

~Amy

bunnylover78642 wrote:

Hi, I was just wondering... I am going to be selling rabbits in acouple months (bell had her babies) and I know I should give a longinterview with people. What type of questions would I need to ask? Likehow many hrs. are they going to be home? Are they going to be inside oroutside bunnies? Are you going to get them fixed? will you show? Theseare just a few I thought up right now but I was just wondering.
Ask questions that you feel are importantto the care of a rabbit:) You don't have to have 7 hourinterviews just make sure that you feel that they are ready to have abunny :) If you want to PM me your email address I can send you myQuestionnaire :)

~Amy

Paulo wrote:
Higuys, sorry to barge in this thread like this,I read mostmessages, but I was just wondering, even do I agree with all of you.

But all I can is, if you're going to breed rabbits,eithersell them to someone, or keep them and get them all fixed and make sureyou have enough space for them to run freely in order to have some fun:cool:
I don't know if I should post this or not - but here goes.

I figured this poster was a child or early teen also.Why? Because a few weeks ago they kept posting threads aboutthe fact they were going to be selling bunnies soon (under anothernickname). I want to say that there were 6 or 7 threadsposted on the same day or within a 48 hour time period.

Now this person has posted a couple of different times I think aboutselling their bunnies - under a couple of different threads.Once again, we're all allowed to post on many threads, etc. but I thinkI remember seeing this.

I feel that the response to one person was very rude (the little smileything was rude...I don't know what to call it). That alsotended to make me think that this person is a child or early teen.

Anyway, I think there is a history with this person but they have twonicknames - "mybunnyhero" and "myherobunny" or something like that....Iforget.

Peg

Yeah, I remember!! The bunnys name was Hero Ithink. Like mybunnyhero. Something like that. I did not know it was thesame person! Oh well, I am not very good at these argument things! Ilose my temper very easily so I will stick out of it.

Latest posts

Back