HELP!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brittanyjean5

Reaction score
I came up to my room where my rabbit lives and I find a huge pile of her hair in the corner of her cage as well as scattered in her cage! Why?! And I went to give her her pellet food and she bit me on the finger! What the hell is going on? She's never been aggressive I've had her since she was a baby. Someone please help! I don't know what to do!

My guess is that she's around six months old and not spayed and very hormonal, although I've had the odd older rabbit build a nest after they were spayed.

She's building a nest, having a false pregnancy -- unless she's been around boy bunnies, in which case you'll have to keep checking the pile of hair and be prepared to raise a family.

My first bunny went from a sweet, cuddly little girl to a rabbit from h*ll -- wild-eyed, obsessively carrying around hay, hair and paper, nipping, grunting and peeing on my bed.

Took a good month after her spay, but she went back to being a sweet little rabbit again.

sas :bunnydance:

Spaying is often beneficial. It can resolve unwanted behaviours like cage aggression and difficulties with litter training, just to name a few.

Female rabbits are also very succeptible to reproductive cancers, so spaying can help prolong their lives. It's definitely something to consider and most people here will suggest and encourage it.

It will take longer but she will go back to being nice without a spay, but the chance of her life being shortened by uterine cancer is very high.

sas :bunnydance:

She's building a nest with her dew lap fur. I would have her spayed. I lost my mini-rex at 4 yrs 11 mths of age to reproductive cancer and complications with recurring abscesses/retrobulbar/ingrown teeth... It was the second worst day of my life to lose her and know I could have had at least 5 extra years with one simple and totally safe procedure.
Have her spayed.

Latest posts

Back