HELP!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterlilly0212

Reaction score
Help please....

My rabbit Bailee is going crazy. All of a sudden he is doing things he NEVER did before.....

He is a free roam bunny- so he has the full range of my dorm room. He has a cage but only goes in it to use the litterbox and eat/drink. he has always been sweet tempered and well behaved. He is neutered- about a year and a half ago. He is 2 years old.

Lately, he has started peeing outside of his litterbox. My roommate and I smelled pee on a pile of our clothes. We were surprised- he has never done this before. Then I woke up this morning and he had done it again- in the same location. AND when I went to go feed him, he lunged at me trying to bite me. He didn't even go eat right away until I put him in his cage. Instead he tried to lunge at me again.

Please help! Any advice would be great. The only thing I can think of is that he is starting to get territorial of the room? I think I will start putting him in his cage at night so he can't get into any mischief. Any other ideas?

I want my friendly, well-behaved rabbit back.... :(

I would be inclined to ask if a, he might be ill, and b, if anything has changed in his world.

It might be that he has something like cystitis and is not feeling great and is showing that the only way he knows how. Equally, there could be a different problem that is just presenting it that way. Potentially he might have a teeth problem if his eating habits have changed.

Equally, if something has changed in his world, that could also account for the behaviour. By that I mean anything like a change in environment, any additions into the household, maybe a different smell or scent around (even something simple like fabric conditioner, washing powder, if you have started going somewhere else that smells different and bringing the smell back, etc).

Flashy wrote:
I would be inclined to ask if a, he might be ill, and b, if anything has changed in his world.

It might be that he has something like cystitis and is not feeling great and is showing that the only way he knows how. Equally, there could be a different problem that is just presenting it that way. Potentially he might have a teeth problem if his eating habits have changed.

Equally, if something has changed in his world, that could also account for the behaviour. By that I mean anything like a change in environment, any additions into the household, maybe a different smell or scent around (even something simple like fabric conditioner, washing powder, if you have started going somewhere else that smells different and bringing the smell back, etc).

I agree with Tracy

if he had a bladder infection, he may pee outside the box and the aggression may be due to discomfort.

if you cannot think of any other changes in his environment that could account for thisI would take him to the vet.

Latest posts

Back