Help!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luna21

Reaction score
My new baby boy Flopsy keeps getting humped by my older larger bun and he got hurt !!! I think I heard him squeal! I tried putting them both in a neutral environment ( the bathroom) but there is no change Cinabun keeps wanting to mount and hump the poor little guy! Will these 2 ever bond?? Or am I doomed!! I was told that getting Cinabun spayed still wouldn't help the behavior, because she is being territorial and agressive by humping the baby!!!! I have no idea how this is going to work out! Anyone got any suggestions as to how I would get Cinabun to stop humping and be nice to the baby?? I've tried clapping my hands and saying no loudly and then I end up physically picking her up because she is hurting him!

I would seperate them right away if Flopsy started to squeal. I think the only thing you can do is keep them in separate cages...and have them take turns getting their excercise out of the cage. I wouldn't put them together again:(cause it sounds like Flopsy was in pain... Or she just got really freaked out when Cinnabun humped her. If you don't want them to ever be together again...I would try leaving them insepreate cages in separate rooms for a few months...or until they get older....and then let them meet up again and see if Cinabun will start humping Flopsy again. And if Cinnabun does hump her again...I don't think they will bond:(Sorry, but thats all I suggest that you should do.

Good Luck with the bunnies!

Cassandra

Yes, read the link that Buck posted. I followed it to a "tee" and it worked.

When we brought Valuran in, our doe Abby did not, and I repeat, did NOT like him. She was very, very aggressive, chasing, biting, fur flying. It was quitea shock, actually.

It takes time. And a lot of patience. But it can be done. Don't give up just yet. It took me two full weeks, plus some, to get Abby and Valuranon good footing. Now they are best buds, cuddle, play, sleeping together. A far cry from how she would chase him, bite him (hard) and everything else.

I know how you're feeling though, but like I said, just keep it up! It'll happen. :)

luna21 wrote:
Thanks guys I will keep at it!!!!! Hopefully, my doe will come to accept my little buck!!
The younger bun a boy? Is he neutered? Sorry if you have answered this elsewhere, but I can be forgetful. Ifhe isnot neutered, I would wait till he has surgery before trying to bond again. And remember it takes at least 4 weeks to get the sperm out of his system. I believed you said Cinnamon was not spayed. So that would be very important to pay close attention to adhearing to the timetable. Otherwise, I would suggest keeping themin cages side by side so they can get used to living with each others's smells and looking at each other, letting them out seperatly until that time you feel ready to try and bond again... Letting them hop around each others cage stepping in to break up possible aggression through the wire. I once had a boy of mine accidently lock his teeth on the wire of the cage of a boy he didn't like. He is perfectly fine now and stays away from the wire but was a bit scary at the time. Best of luck!

I definitly will get them both fixed as soon as Ican! I can only do it next month because I kinda went overboard with myChristmas shopping this year:p:D

AnnaS wrote:
Is it a boy trying to hump a girl? I am confused

It's an Alpha bun thing. S'more (doe)mounts her daughter, MooShu (also a doe), every time we've put them together. We don't stopher, but keep a close watch to make sure Moo Shu doesn't get hurt. Thisis where the spray bottle works very well. After a few minutes S'moresettles down and they get along pretty good for a while. We still keepthem in separate cages and we never leave them alone when they aretogether, either.

Jim

Stephanie wrote:
Yes, read the link that Buck posted. I followed it to a "tee" and it worked.

When we brought Valuran in, our doe Abby did not, and I repeat, did NOTlike him. She was very, very aggressive, chasing, biting, fur flying.It was quitea shock, actually.

It takes time. And a lot of patience. But it can be done. Don't give upjust yet. It took me two full weeks, plus some, to get Abby and Valuranon good footing. Now they are best buds, cuddle, play, sleepingtogether. A far cry from how she would chase him, bite him (hard) andeverything else.

I know how you're feeling though, but like I said, just keep it up! It'll happen. :)
I think a larger photo (than your avatar) of the two bondedbunnies would be appropriate to show how close they are now.:p

Latest posts

Back