Help!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazel

Reaction score
Flopst bit Hazel I believe. It's a little cut, not bleeding anymore, kind of like a scrape. What do I do?? It's on her underside between the leg and tummy. Should I put something on it? Can I clean it out with something??

I'm going to have to seperate them I guess. They've never done this before, and Hazel reached maturity awhile back so... :(

They're getting spayed as soon as I have the time to watch their recovery, but with school starting back and then midterms already I haven't had the time, :( I was hoping I could do it over spring break.

Bumping so maybe someone will look. I really am worried and so is my bf. He's got the buns in another room (the bathroom) so he can completely supervise while I ask.

I wanted to add I read the info in the library, but I wasn't sure if neosporin would be ok in a place where she could easily lick and if I should even put it on, it seems like a tooth scrape bite so...

My vet told me that betadine is the best thing to put on wounds that can be licked.

Can you get a picture of how big the wound is? You might have to take her in to get a couple stitches if it's big enough.

For now, put some antibiotic cream on it (neosporin, polysporin, ect) and make sure it has no pain killers.

I would definitly seperate them until they get spayed. Then you can re-bond them.

Poor girl, give her some kisses for me.

--Dawn

aurora369 wrote:
My vet told me that betadine is the best thing to put on wounds that can be licked.

Can you get a picture of how big the wound is? You might have to take her in to get a couple stitches if it's big enough.

For now, put some antibiotic cream on it (neosporin, polysporin, ect) and make sure it has no pain killers.

I would definitly seperate them until they get spayed. Then you can re-bond them.

Poor girl, give her some kisses for me.

--Dawn

Alright, I'll put some iodine on it. The wound is about a pinkie fingernail length. It's very shallow though, and not bleeding.

I gave her some kisses, thanks, :)

Sounds like it's not too big then. Keep it clean, keep putting betadine on it until it's healed up. Use a cotton ball and just dab in on twice a day. It will stain the fur, but it will keep it from getting infected.

Also make sure her cage is extra clean for the next few days. I was cleaning Zeke's cage 2-4 times a day when he had his wounds. Make sure no litter or debris is getting stuck in it.

--Dawn

Tony just got over a scrape like this on the top of his thigh. I put neosporin (triple antibiotic ointment WITHOUT pain killers--the pain killer in it is poison to bunnies) on it every day for about a week, and cuddled him for a little while after applying it to let it set in before I let him down to run about/lick it off. I also gave him a treat as soon as I put him back down so he'd stay occupied a little longer to let it soak in more. Betadine is a good choice too, but I like neosproin because it seems more soothing to me and I have it on hand for myself!

You could also get this stuff I got that's to keep dogs from chewing on their coat. I got it to spray on the baseboards and electrical cords to keep bunnies from chewing on them, but it's meant to go on the coat. Here is a link to it online: http://www.strictlypetsupplies.com/_021653527089.html

Latest posts

Back