Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theevenstarlight

Reaction score
How do you deal with one bunny who eats her share of greens and then eats her companion's greens before he can finish them?

Grrr - I don't want her to get sick from too many greens at once and I don't want him to get sick from not enough!

She will just keep eating and eating, but he prefers to eat his greens spread out during the night. They are just recently bonded.

lol, i know how it is!

fred is a HUGE pig, while shadow is more dainty. i usually try to watch them when they eat, make sure shadow eats what she wants before giving more to fred.

I have 2 bonded buns, and have had this problem occasionally in the past, when we were worried that Mouse was a little underweight/undersized (turned out we needn't have worried, she's now tons bigger than Chalk!).

What we havedone is justkept one bun(the greedier one)out of the cage playing while we let the other one eat. When Mouse had eaten what she wanted to, then we'd let Chalk back in to have her share. Luckily, both Mouse and Chalkhave never been'run and eat! quick!' kind of buns, I think because they never have to worry about being fed, as they always know it's going to happen sooner or later...

Muffy was cookie monster.. but for veggies. Poor Labrador couldn't even gets a bite!

So in the past, I used to take Labrador out and hand feed him. About 3 months ago, I built them a NIC condo. Now Muffy couldn't jump, so I would put Labrador's food on one of the levels and he'd jump up there and eat.

Latest posts

Back