Help!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savannah1687

Reaction score
Rabbit has a pink blister like thing on her foot and I was reading another post about a rabbit with the same thing. I can see that it was pus in it and looks like its about to bust. Does it look like an abcess?

rabbitsfoot003.jpg

Good catch as this is what you thought it was. It did look like a sore hock from the pic, but I don't think they get them on the side of their foot. Let us know how it goes!:D

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Good catch as this is what you thought it was. It did look like a sore hock from the pic, but I don't think they get the mon the side of their foot. Let us know how it goes!:D

Sore "hocks" can occur in numerous placed on the foot - generally where the bones are close to the skin including the sides of the foot and at the joints.

Pam

Thanks guys! The vet gave her Baytril...not my favorite antibiotic because it causes appetite loss but I'm going to make sure she gets yogurt every day to help replenish the bacteria in her stomach. She doesn't seem to be in any pain or anything so I think she'll be fine :)I'll keep you updated!

Latest posts

Back