Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blodeuwedd

Reaction score
Colby Jack has been in my apartment for about a month now, and up until a couple of weeks ago, he's basically litter trained himself. 
Suddenly, he started marking his territory on our couch, chair, and by the front door.  How can I get him to stop peeing all over these things?

How old? Sounds like may have hit puberty. Or just finally feels at home.

I would agree that it sounds like a case of teenage hormones...
Keep cleaning up any accidents with vinegar water (about 50/50) and wiping clean.  That will help to elimnate odours and that encourages him to go potty in his litter box.  Also, if you can soak up some the pee before spraying down with vinegar water, and place the dirty tissue or paper towell in the litter box. I would also try putting more litter boxes around, he may need them.
I would also try to keep him off the furniture.  Wild fire would always pee on the couch when she was first allowe out in the living room, but after a couple months of not being allowed on the couch, she stopped.*edit* just saw your reply* Purburty is best stopped by getting him neutered.  Other wise it's a long wait, anywhere from 6 months to over a year.  And that's about the right age for all those fun hormones to take over.
--Dawn

I can't think of anything until he is old enough to get fixed.

Maybe get some dog pads and scatter them about.  Also, like Aurora said, add a litter pan somewhere, maybe by the front door where you say he is doing it.  You may want to keep him off your furniture for now too.:D

Latest posts

Back