help would be flemish owner needs help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnycarrot1

Reaction score
I still have got todo some parent convincing but i am thinking of getting a one year old flemish named cadbury. I have limited space but I was thinking of getting a 48 inch tall xpen with a top so she wont escape and connect the xpen to the 54 inch dog crate. My rabbit will be crated when I am not home a few hours at best, howeverI have a dog so the room will have a gate in front of my door so my dog is not going inmy room. But when I am home she will get 4 or 5 hours out of cage time in my room with no dog.

My questions are these

1) can I put the crate on a table with pet steps if I do this can I put one litter box in the penned in area and one in the cage ?

2) how hard is it to switch from wood shavings that the pervious owner used to carefresh which i prefer ?

3) How big and deep is a litterbox for a flemish ? can i use a covered litterbox?

4) Lastly wheni get her fixed. Can i safely say $1500 is good enough to pay the vet bills in the future ? just want to make sure I saved enough.

1) can I put the crate on a table with pet steps if I do this can I put one litter box in the penned in area and one in the cage ?

- This isn't the best idea because rabbits do not maneuver stairs as well as cats or dogs. I would suggest leaving everything needed on the same level.

2) how hard is it to switch from wood shavings that the pervious owner used to carefresh which i prefer ?

- Not hard at all, just go ahead and switch. :) Litter doesn't have to be gradually changed like food does.

3) How big and deep is a litterbox for a flemish ? can i use a covered litterbox ?

- You want the box to be large enough for the rabbit to sit in and turn around in. And yes, a covered box would be fine.

4) Lastly when i get her fixed. Can i safely say $1500 is good enough to pay the vet bills in the future ? just want to make sure I saved enough.

- Yep. :) Sounds like a good cushion to me!

Our Zeus uses a stepstool to jump up on the bed (which is pretty high) - but I wouldn't recommend putting the cage on a table.

I'm not nearly as much worried about the rabbit going up the steps as I am having it want to "play" during cage time and binkying around so much that the cage falls off the table.

I've had little lionheads knock their cages off a stack of cages because they were running around and binkying so much.

Latest posts

Back