help with the breed of my buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digitalsushi

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Mimi is my first ever rabbit and I got her about a year ago. She was a gift from my partner from the pet store. He told them that she was a Lop x Rex - but I was sure after googling bunny breeds. My vet thinks she got a bit of norweigen dwarf, so I've stuck with that since- But if anyone could shed some light on the matter, it'd be much appreciated. :wave:

2h31jwz.jpg

I would say lop x rex is fairly accurate. She's definitely a lop, and possibly a mix since she has helicopter ears. Her face does look slightly rex-y to me. I've never heard of a norweigian dwarf ... did your vet mean netherland dwarf? I don't really see any nethie in her - she doesn't have the smushed round head.

She's extremely cute!

Lop x Rex would make sense to me too. It's hard to pull registered breeds out of a purebred since you can get funky characteristics no matter what you breed together. But if there is evidence of that cross, I'd say it's a pretty accurate guess.

she could be a bad holland lop baby too. I had one that looked like that in one litter. It was odd because all her litter mates were perfectly normal, except Dawn(Same color too)

Latest posts

Back