Help with Rabbit Cage Size and Type

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found my NIC grids $18 for a set of six cubes at Sears. If I were you, I would order online and have them sent to your towns store. The shipping is free anyway, so if you have some time before the bun comes home grab it up.

I did a 5X2 cage (14" squares) for less then $20. I bought three boxes though, so it was more like $60. You would probably need two boxes, since there's really only enough for a 2x2 with a shelf, and you'll need more of the clips if you're not using zip ties. For a door I just over lapped two, zip tied them together, and then zip tied those, on one end, to the front of their cage and it opened like a flap. Then I left the top of their cage open (they aren't jumpers), except for where their shelves were. It worked out really well.

Also, if you do decided to get an X-Pen, you don't have to leave it up all the time. You'll probably want something to confine her in, anyway, if she gets a little rowdy when out playing or introducing her to other pets or what not.

Good luck with your cage!

Edit: you would only need ONE box. I was thinking about the first one I put together. A 2x2 or 2x3 would be fine for one box. Whoops.

Also, the Sears grids are the old kind. I had no problem with them mixing the new ones and the old ones together.

Although I think NIC grids are one of the best cages to use, I would NOT use them for a baby Holland- they can fit through the little squares up until about 5 months old depending on their size.

All of those cages you found are very small, even for a baby. Hollands aren't very big but they still need space. I like this cage, which is as cheap as $45 at some places. I got one for $15 at a garage sale. :)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002DJ29A/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back