Help with old hamster

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jocelyn13

Reaction score
I own a very oldhamster. I acquired him from my moms friend when they gotsick of cleaning his cage and feeding him. (Because we all know howdemanding hamsters are:disgust:) He is a very friendly old guy but asof late he seems to have lost most of the mobility in his legs. He isstill eating and drinking, I moved him into a one level cage, becausehe falls down a lot. He still gets around but it takes a painfully longtime.
Any ideas on how to help the old guy would be appreciated.

Hamsters are very curious creatures. Iwould take him out while you are reading or watching t.v.Just being handled will make him feel happy.

Sharon

Is he eating and drinking and moving on hisown? Most of the time, if an animal is in pain, they willbecome lethargic and stop eating. You know the hamster bestbecause you are with him. If your heart is telling you thathe is suffering then you need to put him down. No one willthink badly of you.

I am glad that you are spending time and making him feel wanted andloved in his old age. I am sure is appreciates you :)

Sharon

Apreciated, I supose. This evening I found himcurled in a ball eyes closed aperantly asleep. But of course he wasntasleep... He was eating till the end and he still had weight on him. Idid the math and he was almost 4 years old. And yet I stillfeel guilty:(

It was only yesterday he really started falling over. He stumbled every so often before tho.

Oh I am so sorry.Four years is a nicegolden age for a hamster, and he lived life to the fullest. I am sosorry about your loss.

:hug2:

i´m sooo sorry for your loss!! hope you arefeeling better soon. at least you had him for good four years, and not 1 or 2.

i know what it´s like to lose a pet.

Anabell

Latest posts

Back