Help with NIC Cage - too big holes?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daisy Bunny

Reaction score
SO i want to build a NIC cage for my lionhead rabbit. Only problem is i've seen the NIC boards and the spaces are too big - over 1" inch in size. Now i know this is the smaller hole size, but are there are NIC boards that are made that are smaller than this? She's a small bunny so i worry about her getting stuck. She likes to stick her face through her current cage (store bought, the spaces between bars is an inch) so she can shove her little nose out. Any ideas? I'm getting sick of her cage, tried to put in the second level today and a) it wont stay without wobbling and b) she couldn;t go up the ladder! It was way too slippery.

Thanks for any help!!!

honestly, its all i've ever been able to find and its all i use, and i have small and large rabbits. any platforms or steps i've built i've just covered with cardboard. my smaller rabbits can get their noses through but not anything they could get stuck with. i've never had any problems with the holes being too big. i've looked all over GTA and can't find the smaller ones.

Daisy Bunny, where are you located? I have some extra grids (the smaller hole ones).

Susan:)

When we first got Peaches, we put screen outside all the surfaces he could stick his face through and attach them with zipties temporarily. It wasn't needed for very long, he could only get his muzzle through then and now only his nose. Popcorn could get his nose through to his eyeballs, but no further.

The safe size of the girds is 14" by 14". There should be 9 holes on each side for a total of 81 holes. Each whole is about 1.5 inches.
There are some that only have 3 holes on each side and the holes are about 4 inches. I have not seen these ones in Canada.
Unless you have baby or very small rabbits, the regular size should work. There are also mesh ones but they tend to be harder to find and more expensive.

Latest posts

Back