Help with Dimi again! Missing patch of fur???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

napagirl

Reaction score
Well she survived her gastric stasis, and is doing great now. She was on Reglan for a little over a week. She has been active, eating lots of hay, leafy greens, etc. and pooping pretty good. I am also giving her ~1tsp of canned pumpkin a day since she was just molting. She also eats Canterbury Bell flowers (campanula) outside, and I have researched as being safe and yummy for rabbits.

Today I noticed on one of her hind legs is a patch of fur missing to the skin. It is not easliy seen- she has to be in a sprint or in just the right position to see it. I even wondered if there was a reason the emergency vet might have shaved her there two weeks ago?? Anyway, she fights me big time when I try to get a look, so my daughter looked while I held her. It's like this rectangle of just missing hair- no redness, no scaliness, nothing to suggest any problems- just normal skin.

Any ideas? She is acting great... She is ~ 1yr old, spayed back in Feb of this year. She is a 5.2lb black minilop. She is a house rabbit, living in a XL dog crate when we are not here, with run of safe rooms when home. She also runs the backyard with close supervision. she has NOT been scratching any more than usual.

Help!

I just talked to my husband on the phone. He said he noticed it after her emergency vet visit and didn't mention it to me. He thinks they shaved her there for some reason! Sorry to bug everyone.

Back