Help With A Naughty Boy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratmom

Reaction score
I have a very bad bunny boy here. It just started in the fall & no he's not fixed yet so please don't bash me. He constantly bites me, tries to hump my leg, jumps on my keyboard, the furniture the list goes on and on. Is there anything I can do besides getting him fixed until I can get the money for it? I'm so stressed out he's always got me in tears from it, because I can't get anything done.

First of all - no bashing from me. How old is he?

It sounds to me like he not only needs to be neutered (when you can afford it) but he also needs to learn who is the boss in the family.

If I have a rabbit that nips at me or bites me - I lightly push their head down (showing my dominance) and say firmly "no". The more they nip/bite - the more I say no and push their head down lightly. I want them to understand that I am the boss.

As far as jumping on the keyboard and furniture (I don't mind them getting on the furniture here) - you need to take control again and say "no" and put them on the floor. Be firm as you say no - don't yell - but still yet - be firm and then place him on the floor. After they've been on the floor for a bit, I'll reach down and pet them or give them a treat (if they like that) and say "good bunny" or something so they associate it with pleasant things.

I'd get him a stuffed animal to hump and let him get out his aggression that way.

Whatever happens - don't take what he does personally. He doesn't think like humans (that was a hard one for me to grasp at first)- but instead - he thinks like a rabbit and is probably being ruled by his hormones. Its up to you to teach him what he can and can't do.

Good luck!

Sherman is around 2 and he's a dutch bunny. I never had problems with my holland like I did with him. He does have 2 stuffed animals he humps, but If I walk away he just chases me. I have been doing the "no" when I push his head away from my legs etc., but it hasn't worked for me. I'll try the treat one though, what kind of treats would you suggest I use? He doesn't act this way towards my hubby too much and it's always been like this with another bun I also had. I was thinking it was a gender thing or something. He's a big stomper in his cage too. Thank you so much for the help and ideas I really appreciate it :)

Latest posts

Back