HELP! Wild baby bunnies in a friend's yard

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CB Millicent

Reaction score
What should she do? Should she try to move them out of her yard? I have no idea. Her dogs will eat them if not! I told her to call SPCA wildlife tomorrow but what should she do for now?

there is a nest in my yard to(I got baby's everywhere..mine and then the wild ones) I would leash the dogs for potty breaks. Is there a place she can let her dogs run in a safe area outside of the yard? If so I would do that.

Can she put a fence around the burrow? That's what I do. Jake won't touch them but it stops him going near it. Plus with the fence, the Mom can get in and the dogs can't. Bunnies don't hang around long, especially wild ones. In about 4 weeks, they will all be gone. It might be a pain to leash your dogs, but it will only be a temporary thing. I'd rather be a bit put out, then have a dog bring you a bunny he found.

Wishing your friend luck.

K:)

I go through this every spring.

I would not recommend moving the nest and/or babies.
As already mentioned, they'll be gone in a few weeks.

My dogs will chase the adult rabbits....never have caught any.
They don't seem too interested in the babies and usually leave them alone, aside from a bit of sniffing around them.

I'm more worried about running the lawnmower around them.

I put one of those small resin patio tables over the nest. It's enough to keep the dogs out, but still allows mamabuns to get in to feed the babies.

Mamabuns will also act as a decoy if she's out there when the dogs are.
She takes off around the pool and the dogs go bounding after. The mama is usually so fast that she gets all the way around and then has to wait for the dogs to catch up.
Last time this happened I was laughing so hard I thought I'd have an accident.
The poor dogs get worn out after the third or forth time around, and then just give up.

Latest posts

Back