help!!! urgent!! (RIP)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmtangelkrystal

Reaction score
ok... i tried to make the mom feed the baby.. he latched on and she waited till the oppertune moment and kicked him.. he fell to the floor.

i'm so scared. he wouldn't move alot at first he had his mouth open a gape and wined.. he is moveing like normal now but i'm still soooo scared... help please.. i'm sitting here crying.. that scared the heck out of me

How far did he fall?

They are pretty resilient I think.

The Rabbitry people may have a better handle on this.

sas :clover:

i had her on my lap in and i in a chair.. the kitchen isn't carpeted.. she kicked him he ended up about 3-4 feet on the side of me next to the fridge..... i wanted to kick her soo badly... i didn't but grr...

I put the doe on a towel in my lap and put the kits underneath to nurse in a normal position. Don't place the doe on her back -- too much danger of the doe kicking.

Pet the doe and give her a treat to encourage her to relax so the milk will let down.

Hopefully, the kit will be ok - they are pretty resilient.

that happened to me once the kit was kicked off.......it did die the next day and I felt soooo horrible but i learned a lesson feeding like that. I hope your lil one is fine.

don't be too hard on yourself you were just trying to get the lil guy something to eat

kmtangelkrystal wrote:
ok... i tried to make the mom feed the baby.. he latched on and she waited till the oppertune moment and kicked him.. he fell to the floor.

i'm so scared. he wouldn't move alot at first he had his mouth open a gape and wined.. he is moveing like normal now but i'm still soooo scared... help please.. i'm sitting here crying.. that scared the heck out of me
hand rearing is rewarding in itself,,but it is a long term dedication,,there are websites for hand rearing-- house of rabbits,etc.-rule of thumb is;if it is good for a kitten it will be ok for a small bun,,hartz kitten formula can be purchased at stores like safeway,walmart,etc.,small nipple bottle or eye dropper to start,,heating pad-with digital thermometer-body temp is about 102*,adjust accordingly--keep an eye on the thermometer--there will numerous feedings,,though in the wild rabbits are lucky to get two feedings a day,,make a chart-keep track of your info/feedings,etc...good luck..sincerely james waller:biggrin:

James has a good point--the formula must be at body temperature or it can make the baby's temp drop which is bad.

I'm sorry. I know you were trying your best to keep him alive, especially since he was the runt, but at least trying to get him to feed off his mom was better than feeding him only from a bottle. He probably would not have lasted long if he hadn't had the option to feed off his mom. RIP little one.

I'm so sorry. Poor little guy:cry2. Binky free little one:rainbow:

Jen

Latest posts

Back