Help, thumping at night

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MollyIsTall

Reaction score
Hello!

I have been away for about 3 days, I packed all his food in containers and set them out for my grandmother to feed him while I'm away. I called her the second day and she said he was very happy to see her and binkying around. When I got home he seemed very happy to see me, I gave him his food and then I went to bed. At around 2:10 am my bag that was hung on my wall had fallen over and made a pretty loud noise I got up and fixed it and tried to go back to bed and he started to thump? he is enclosed at night to prevent him from jumping on my bed but is free to roam the rest of the time. we don't lock him up when we go away because no one is sleeping in my room. I had a hard time falling back asleep due to the thumping i checked on him every hour or so and I think he eventually stopped.

I agree, it's a normal behaviour for loud noises. Storm will also thump if i drop something hard, and he will also thump for reasons we do not understand.
Nothing bad about it, unless you spook him again he probably won't go on a thumping spree again :)

I agree, it's a normal behaviour for loud noises. Storm will also thump if i drop something hard, and he will also thump for reasons we do not understand.
Nothing bad about it, unless you spook him again he probably won't go on a thumping spree again :)

Thank you!

Sometimes if you drape a light sheet over their cage/pen, this can help them feel more secure and they will stop the thumping. But I'd only do it if it doesn't restrict airflow too much and make it too hot.

Back