Help!!!! SOS!! I have to fighting males

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiphopsmommy

Reaction score
I bought two males about 2 months ago..we boughtthem together and they have loved each other till now..tonight i wasletting them run around and they started to fight violently..they willcalm down and lick each other and cuddle then the first one to movestarts to fight again..i have them seperated but what should i do..isit still okay to leave them together or do they need to be seperatedperminantly??

how old are they?? if they are reaching the ageof sexual maturity and haven't been neutered that's probably whythey've started fighting.

i would keep them apart until you have them fixed and then afterthey're fixed you can try bonding them again. if you aren't going tohave them fixed, i would not plan on putting them back together ever asthey will probably fight a lot and they could seriouslyinjure each other.

if they have been neutered then i'm not sure what you can do. i've readbonding two males is harder than a male and a female. i would stillkeep them separate and monitor their play time together and see if thefighting subsides or not.

Good advice K. I would add that you willprobably have to wait a couple of weeks after neutering beforereintroducing them in order to let those hormones fade out.

I hope you are able to work it out...

Male/Male combos are generally very hard tobond. Please look them both over VERY well and clean up andtreat any wounds, I would suggest peroxide to clean them and then athin layer of neosporin. Wounds are easy to miss and can turndeadly in a matter of days. I'm speaking from experience onthis.

You will have to get them both neutered in order to even think aboutkeeping them together, then its still not 100% that it will happen.

Please check Corkys Story atwww.corkyscave.net to see what canhappen if bite wounds get missed and untreated.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

You should not leave them together unsupervised for awhile, at least until they are re-bonded.

Latest posts

Back