Help - Runt not being fed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely not my area, but English Snots don't carry dwarfing genes, do they?

And yes, you can overfeed kits, just not sureabout those little guys.

Hope he makes it.

sas :clover:

I don't think they do, no, but do we know what the father is? If the father is a dwarf breed it's possible some may have the dwarf gene I guess. I was pretty much shooting in the dark though.

Usually, the kit would have to inherit a dwarfing gene from BOTH parents for it to be a fatal flaw.

I really think the little guy just has a developmental problem, possibly an under developed digestive system. (They usually don't make it past 2 weeks) It's so sad to have to deal with it. Keep him as comfortable as possible and keep up the extra feedings. Just know that you did everything you could for one so young.

I didn't mean about it being a fatal flaw, I just meant it might look smaller if it has a dwarf gene that the others don't have, so might look smaller.

I have to say I hope you are not right about it having fatal digestive problems, but I know you know what you are talking about.

This is going to be hard for you MsBinky, so please use all our support *cuddles*

Flashy,

I understand what you are saying. Hehe. You are right about us not knowing about the father, although it should be one from her past litter but then again, were they pure? But anywho, the problem is not merely that he is small, but rather that he is awful skinny.I can see his spine clearly even though I now know that he is being fed. At first I thought he was being pushed aside and not being fed but I was wrong.

Pip,

OMG you should have seen the looks you got from Bam-Bam and Flore... English Snots!:laugh: LMAO I almost choked on my olive pit :pThanks for that!

BlueGiants,

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. It's really really sad and i really hope I don't have to go through this. :(My gut tells me you are right though so now I just fear having to check on them. i would so cuddle it so much if I didn't think it would be colder with me than with the others. :(

Ok, not to get anyone's hopes up, but he is looking plump today! I can't feel his spine! Ok, he is obviously still much smaller than the others, but he is much better than he looked yesterday!

And well, someone just confirmed my thought that maybe he simply hadn't gone to the toilet so...

Anywho, I am still hopeful.

Latest posts

Back