Help! Rabbit attack!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lopsofloverabbitry

Reaction score
My sister and I were practicing showing our rabbits. Our one doe launched at a 7 week old baby. They aren't related. The does top teeth got the top of her head when the bottom got the top eyelid. We called the vet and they said leave it alone and it will heal. There was a slit in the eye lid yesterday and a bit mark in the top of her head. She was bleeding a little but not bad. Then this morning puss was coming out of the eye and it was red and her eye was half closed. The vet said to leave it but other breeders are telling me to put stuff on it. I have no idea what to do!!ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1407248767.038941.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1407248785.234898.jpg

~Breeding Quality Holland Lops Since 2012~

Is there an alternate vet that you can see? I'd definitely want to have it looked at professionally, if there's pus and the rabbit appears to be in pain. :(

I would take the rabbit into the vet. You don't want to mess with problems affecting the eye. She may need penicillin and/or an ointment.

If this is what the vet is telling you to do, you need to find a different vet. Pus means there is an infection. Your rabbit could end up losing it's eye or possibly it's life if you don't get your rabbit on antibiotics asap. You may need oral or injectable antibiotics, an antibiotic eye drop, metacam if the bun seems to be in pain. Your bun may also need stitches. If your rabbit isn't eating well because of the injury, you may also need to start syringe feeding food and water to her. You can soak her pellets in warm water and try and feed that, or a vet can give you Oxbow Critical Care Mix for syringe feeding.

Rabbit vet lists:
http://rabbit.org/vet-listings/
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Latest posts

Back