Help! Pregnant rabbit!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirstysharp2847

Reaction score
Help, I went on holiday from the 22 - 26 of January and I left a family friend in charge of my rabbits. One of my males cages broke so she put it in with a female without telling me. I would think that she would be pregnant as their both old enough and were living together for a few days. I've tried palpateing her and I could feel something but I can't be sure. If she is how would I know when she would be due because she is now with another female and they have bonded alot so I don't want to split them up early. Also how many kits would I be expecting as they have probably bread quite alot.

If you are inexperienced with palpating then do not do it as you run the risk of injuring the babies. Plus you won't be able to know until after 10 days. Count 31 days from each day that they were with each other and all of those days are possible due dates. Is your other female spayed and how old is she, and how old is this one that might be pregnant. And as for how many kits I really can't tell you without knowing the breeds of both the male and female. I would recommend getting all of your buns spayed and/or neutered to prevent this from happening again, also to find out if she really is pregnant then you need to take her to a rabbit-savvy vet after 10 days so he can palpate and I would take her in 10 days after the last day they were in together. And which Liverpool are you in one in the UK or in the US, I'm asking so I can Help you find a rabbit-savvy vet in your area.

Latest posts

Back