Help please!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My rabbit jumped on my bed and as she did she obviously did something to herself because she was walking not hoping then I seen her tummy go in then she lied down. I felt her back it's not broken and I felt her back legs they seem to be fine, she ate some hay just then and now is bending over cleaning herself. Should I be worried, I'm freaking out and crying because I don't want her to be hurt :(

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Hi there! I had something similar happen to me recently and it turned out my bunny broke a nail. Does yours seem to be licking one of her paws often in a slower way than usual? You may want to pick her up and do a check check of her paws to see if any nails are bent at an odd angle-- I know trancing isn't very good for them but this is one instance where it really helps to put your rabbit on your back so you can see all four paws easily without them squirming too much. Good luck, and I hope it's just nothing!

If your bunny seems ok, isn't limping or acting abnormally, and is eating, drinking, and pooping normally, then she may not have been injured. If she is limping or not behaving normally, or if you are just still worried about her, then you should take her to your rabbit vet to get checked.

I hope your little bun is ok.

She was acting fine, eating, drinking except her tummy was clinched in, and it did look like she was in pain, her tummy has done that heaps of times before but this one seemed to be a bit worse. Today she is much better was up with her all night keeping her comfortable. She's being her normal self just a bit grumpy. But thanks for the reply really appreciate it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Latest posts

Back