Help please.............

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CuddlesMom

Reaction score
I have a male rabbit and i never have cleanedhis anal glands...but lately i have been seeing red urine in hiscage...i know buns can have this...he eats dandolin leaves and spinichi cleaned his cage today and didnt put that much litter in his box theurine looked yellow should i be concerned with this or just keep a eyeon this and i picked him up today to check his bottom it looked a lildirty but OMG when i looked further i guess by his bottom there waslooked like dried poop so i was careful when i cleaned him im asuminghis anal glands where yucky....he seems ok now just more concerned withhis urine....any advise would be great!

Unless the urine had blood in it -- which showsup as strings -- red and yellow urine is perfectly normal.Healthy, even.

The 'poop' may have beenslivers of dark, tar-like residuefrom the anal glands. They have to be cleaned out very gentlyby wiping them with a very wet cloth orQ-tip -- more anattempt to dissolve them than clean or dig them out.

Hope this helps. :)

gesh txs alot!! Yeah the urine doesnt havestrings in it and the anal glads i had to work a lil to clean them butits done thanks for all your help! :wave:

Back